2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asus Eee Pc?, ..support?
ZDevil
post Feb 10 2008, 02:44 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,882

That's a good idea! Only if having a subforum talking about non-embedded linux on UMPCs is not so heretic here... wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Feb 11 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #17

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(desertrat @ Feb 9 2008, 09:58 PM) *
threads and was met with hostility from some users. Meanwhile the problem is continuing to escalate which takes it into a vicious circle - the more crap there is the harder it is to find good quality info so users simply start a new thread instead.

the only way round that is to require a moderator to permit starting new threads.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Feb 11 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(ZDevil @ Feb 10 2008, 10:44 AM) *
That's a good idea! Only if having a subforum talking about non-embedded linux on UMPCs is not so heretic here... wink.gif

why not create a new forum called "cluefuleeusers", e.g. at freeforums?

+Quote Post
axeTail
post Feb 11 2008, 05:53 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 21,073

QUOTE(dz @ Jan 7 2008, 04:04 PM) *
Has anyone tried this? Is it worth it for us to create a sub-forum for it? From everything I've read, it seems like a pretty cool device and is kinda in the realm of the other devices we support here.

Thoughts/Opinions?

Nice device but does this mean that the Z community will cease to exist?

+Quote Post
Snappy
post Feb 11 2008, 07:15 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 5,633

QUOTE(axeTail @ Feb 11 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Has anyone tried this? Is it worth it for us to create a sub-forum for it? From everything I've read, it seems like a pretty cool device and is kinda in the realm of the other devices we support here.

Thoughts/Opinions?

Nah ... it should last for another couple of years at least. wink.gif

The eeepc while nice in many ways, is not quite pocketable, and hence is still too big for some of us.
For me, I'm kinda torn between loving its ultraportability (read: coolness plus usefulness) and fighting off curiosity from others, oogling at it. I need to be able to use it without people getting distracted by it or crowding around. Kinda makes me avoid using it in public, which defeats its portability. So I'm really looking to getting a "book binder" case to make it blend in and not draw the crowd! wink.gif

+Quote Post
dz
post Feb 13 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #21

~

Member No.: 1,667

QUOTE(axeTail @ Feb 11 2008, 09:53 AM) *

Thoughts/Opinions?

Not at all. This would just be another subforum like we have for the other devices. It'd go into the 'Model Specific Forums' section with the other stuff.

I think it wouldn't hurt to put one there. If it's not visited often, at least it's there. That other site is huge and by all means, they can keep their monsterous community. There are pro's and con's to having that large of a community, so we'll let them keep all the scary people and make sure that our forums stay as helpful as the rest of the subforums.

Unless anyone has any major objections, I'll give it its own tiny subforum and see how it pants out.

+Quote Post
tux
post Feb 20 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 346

QUOTE(dz @ Feb 14 2008, 12:34 AM) *
QUOTE(axeTail @ Feb 11 2008, 09:53 AM) *

Thoughts/Opinions?

Not at all. This would just be another subforum like we have for the other devices. It'd go into the 'Model Specific Forums' section with the other stuff.

I think it wouldn't hurt to put one there. If it's not visited often, at least it's there. That other site is huge and by all means, they can keep their monsterous community. There are pro's and con's to having that large of a community, so we'll let them keep all the scary people and make sure that our forums stay as helpful as the rest of the subforums.

Unless anyone has any major objections, I'll give it its own tiny subforum and see how it pants out.

cool.gif Ready when you are dz! smile.gif

I'm now dual booting eeeXubuntu and the original Xandros. The eeeXubuntu is on a 16GB SD card and the Xandros is on the internal SSD. I have a Hauppage WinTV stick. It works in eeeXubuntu on the eee! I have had no success on my desktop or ordinary laptops. It works nicely to my router with and without wire and connects to free hotspots in Xandros or the eeeXubuntu. The only Z connection is that I can ssh into BigZ and play about with a more usable keyboard and screen, from the size point of view. Oh, I should mention that kdepimpi, on a stick, works with the Xandros and also with eeeXubuntu, if you install some of the KDE libraries.

I am able to run Lazarus on the eeeXubuntu side of the tracks. biggrin.gif

My next experiment will be booting DOS from a usb stick to revive my Turbo language skills....

Cheers

This post has been edited by tux: Feb 20 2008, 09:11 AM

+Quote Post
dougeeebear
post Feb 26 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,959

This thread is now 9 pages strong with new posts every day.
I think it's quite obvious we could use an Asus EEE PC subforum.

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Feb 26 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #24

My interest in my Z is swinging back now after weeks of honeymooning with my black 701, the secret reason is that Debian/EeePC is about to rock: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC

+Quote Post
dz
post Mar 1 2008, 01:06 AM
Post #25

~

Member No.: 1,667

Created smile.gif

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Mar 1 2008, 03:33 AM
Post #26

Thanks! Just started a thread there. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 12:51 PM