Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Get Rid Of Bubbles In Your Screen Protector
HearWa
post Mar 28 2005, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,450

Hello,

I've replaced the screen protector three times now and have yet to put it on without the plastic capturing bubbles between it and the screen. I've even tried slowly putting it on with a q-tip, but alas the same thing happened. Is it just the nature of the screen protectors to do this or am I doing something wrong? What are the best screen protectors out there?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
V-Man
post Mar 28 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 21

I found that using a stiff piece of cardboard as a "squeege" to smooth out the screen protector as it is applied works pretty well. The few bubbles I get come out within a few weeks. I use some cheapie screen protectors that I got from Office Despot, I don't remember the brand.

+Quote Post
kahm
post Mar 28 2005, 08:59 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,809

Don't use a qtip. Use something like the edge of a credit card. Something close to the exact width of the screen would be perfect.

+Quote Post
HearWa
post Mar 29 2005, 06:02 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,450

Great, thank you. I'll try it out tonight.

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Mar 29 2005, 08:53 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,570

Stick one edge down keeping the protector mostly attached to the card it comes on. As you slowly peel back the backer use a card to squeegee it down as you go. Takes some practice but work the best. Should only have one or two small bubbles where you started, they are pretty easy to work out.

+Quote Post
euroclie
post Mar 29 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,125

Here's an additional hint: I've been using screen protectors on various PDAs for years, and I use this method with good results. Go in your bathroom after someone has taken a hot shower, when the air is still steamy. The water-saturated air will cause all the dust to settle, so that if you have a clean PDA, clean screen protectors and clean fingers, there really won't be any dust to fly between the protector and the screen while you apply it, preventing bubbles to form.

Just make sure you don't drop the Zaurus in the bath, nor spray it directly with water! biggrin.gif

Hope this helps!

+Quote Post
pelrun
post Mar 29 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 4,488

QUOTE(euroclie @ Mar 30 2005, 01:54 AM)
Go in your bathroom after someone has taken a hot shower, when the air is still steamy.

No! Close the door, wait until the steam has settled out, and *then* go in there. You don't want water droplets full of dust condensing on your Z smile.gif

+Quote Post
euroclie
post Mar 29 2005, 06:52 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,125

QUOTE(pelrun @ Mar 30 2005, 04:05 AM)
QUOTE(euroclie @ Mar 30 2005, 01:54 AM)
Go in your bathroom after someone has taken a hot shower, when the air is still steamy.

No! Close the door, wait until the steam has settled out, and *then* go in there. You don't want water droplets full of dust condensing on your Z smile.gif

You sure don't want to get your Zaurus wet! blink.gif But _a bit_ of humidity is (in my experience at least) a bonus to make the protector sticky (to the screen). YMMV, etc.

Besides, waiting until the steam has completely settled out means that when you open the door, the air you'll bring in will carry some dust that will not benefit from the steam to settle... It's all a matter of balance/good timing, IMHO! wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th December 2014 - 10:31 PM