OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Opie-Reader problems! Does it work with the tkc rom?
nathanwms
post Feb 25 2004, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 320

I am unable to launch Opie-Reader after installing it to either Internal or the CF card. When I launch it the icon explodes but the application never launches. I've searched this site and found nothing mentioning any problems.

Does this application require any other ipks to be installed? I saw no mention of that on ZSI.

I've tried both versions opie-reader_0.7c_arm.ipk & opie-reader_0.7e_arm.ipk.

Looking to do some offline web browsing with JPluck. Any help is appreciated.

Nate

SL-5500, 256 Lexar SD, 256 SimpleTech CF, tkcRom v2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
romulus
post Feb 25 2004, 12:17 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,392

Had the same problem last month where opie-reader just would not launch. Tried re-installing and upgrading. No go.
What fixed the problem for me was editing /home/zaurus/settings/uqtreader.conf
There was an entry for LastFile. I changed that to another document and I was back in business.

+Quote Post
nathanwms
post Feb 25 2004, 02:46 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 320

Romulus,

Thanks!! That fixed my problem and i am now browsing sites offline. Had to blow the dust off the old 'vi' skills, but I remembered enough to get it done.

Thanks again.

Nate

+Quote Post
TimW
post Feb 27 2004, 02:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,065

Hi

I'm the opie-reader developer. Was there anything unusual about the entry for Lastfile, eg had the file been deleted or was it in an unusual format? Or is there anything else which might help me find out what happened so I can prevent it happening again?

Email me at timwentford@hotmail.com - this is a bit of a spam trap so inlude the word "reader" somewhere in the subject if you want me to be sure to see it.

Thanks

+Quote Post
raybert
post Feb 27 2004, 10:47 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,029

Tim,

Would you have any idea why the toolbar icons would fail to show up on a c860 running tkcROM 2.5.1? Only some of the icons don't show up (settings, zoom, ?). You can still select the buttons though if you can guess where they are.

I have it on my todo list to try and fix it but if you already know you could save me the trouble.

BTW, the app seems to work fine otherwise (version 0.7e).

Thanks,

~ray

+Quote Post
TimW
post Mar 1 2004, 05:33 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,065

Hi Ray

I belive that the tkcROM 2.5.1 has moved some of the standard icons and/or broken the function used for loading the standard icons. The Sharp ROMs have a lot of icons compiled into the qtopia library and I use those whereever I can so that I pick up the look and feel of the ROM (it works for Sharp and Opie and the SL5000 version of the tkcROM - which is what I use). "All" you need to do, is find those icons in the Qtopia source and copy them back to (IIRC) /opt/Qtopia/pics.

Send me an e-mail and I'll try and sort something out for you. If you are comfortable copying stuff around from the terminal app then it shouldn't be a problem.

+Quote Post
raybert
post Mar 1 2004, 07:43 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,029

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the answer. I suspected it had something to do with that. I know that proto also combined the pics and pics144 dirs. I'll see if I can grab those pics and restore them. Thanks again.

~ray

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 07:47 PM