Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Album Artwork, Adding Album Artwork to AV500
tripdad
post Mar 7 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,038

Have had my Av500 100 gb for nearly a year now and still loving it. Two repairs - one minor with the navigation button and one major - HDD crash. Crossing fingers, but it has worked well for several months now.

I have over 12,000 songs, hundreds of photos, and over 175 full length movies at my fingertips (with my additional 120 gb WD Portable HD). I keep all my songs on the Archos and rotate video in as needed for trips, but worse case I can play video from my external HD through the camera USB port. So needless to say, I have plenty of entertainment available when I travel out of town or across town to a friend's place.

My question... I have never figured out how to add album art! I have some albums that do display the artwork, but I can't figure out anything in these folders that is different.

Anyone sucessfully do this?

Thanks,

Tim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
e:pp:ik
post Apr 18 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,014

Hey there

Actually the album art needs to be embedded into the mp3 file itself. I've found that the best tool the for the job is 'Tag & Rename'. You can batch the files, rename them, add the artwork in, whatever you like. I do think the Archos limits the scale or the format of the image though; I've stuck with JPGs of varying size.

Just remember that it doesn't work like Windows Media player. Just adding in a jpg in the album folder won't work (and it's also a damn ugly way to catalog an album anyway). Also - I think you'll find that if you open one of the mp3s that does show an image on the Archos, you'll find it's embedded in the file too.

+Quote Post
tripdad
post Apr 18 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,038

QUOTE(e:pp:ik @ Apr 18 2007, 02:13 PM)
Hey there

Actually the album art needs to be embedded into the mp3 file itself. I've found that the best tool the for the job is 'Tag & Rename'. You can batch the files, rename them, add the artwork in, whatever you like. I do think the Archos limits the scale or the format of the image though; I've stuck with JPGs of varying size.

Just remember that it doesn't work like Windows Media player. Just adding in a jpg in the album folder won't work (and it's also a damn ugly way to catalog an album anyway). Also - I think you'll find that if you open one of the mp3s that does show an image on the Archos, you'll find it's embedded in the file too.

Excellent! Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the trial program and it works perfectly. Great information, I really appreciate it.

Tim

+Quote Post
e:pp:ik
post Apr 19 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,014

No problem! Good luck with the cataloging! Don't let it soak up too much of your time wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2014 - 09:41 PM