OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oz Development, What does it need? Can I help?
HearWa
post Mar 6 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,450

Hello,
I've recently bought a second hand Zaurus SL-5500 and have become obsessed with it. The fact that the Zaurus is such a (comparitively) new platform to develop for has me wanting to jump in and help out with its development. And developing specifically for the Open Zaurus ROM, I feel, is the best way to do this.

I have experience in Linux (still learning), C/C++, Java and a smattering of x86 assembly. I've been working on my first large piece of software, a multi-user dungeon, for awhile and have almost completed the engine. But, alas, I don't feel anybody really needs this piece of software. I'd really like to put my effort into something that people need or want badly (so I could tease them with release dates like a donkey chasing a carot, etc. laugh.gif ). I also would like to release my software under the GPL... I hate seeing people charge money for Zaurus software.

So what can I do to help out? I'm willing to work on an independant project, port something or just about anything else.

I haven't even got OZ installed on my Z yet (no CF card), but I'm willing to learn everything I can about this fascinating handheld just to turn it into my bitch.

Thank you,
- Dustin Cox.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adf
post Mar 6 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,572

take a long look at all the OZ roms and see where the help is needed that matches your abilities and interests? just a thought.
-adf

+Quote Post
Pyrates
post Mar 7 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,475

Take a look at http://openembedded.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/FrontPage , which is the Wiki for OpenEmbedded and Bitbake, the built environment (or more or something else, call it whatever wink.gif) for OpenZaurus (and many others). The people working on it need help, check the mailing list et al for details. Also, look at opie.handhelds.org, I think there's work to be done there too (which is valuable for the Z as well as others), and is probably closer to coding than OZ.

Nice that you like the Z and found those forums smile.gif

Cheers
Philipp

+Quote Post
Teletubbie
post Mar 7 2005, 10:37 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,006

Hi,
maybe have a look at freenode irc on these channels:
#opie
#oe
#openzaurus

Just say: I can code c/c++ and you will have lot of friends there smile.gif

Cheers,
Sam

+Quote Post
HearWa
post Mar 7 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,450

Thanks for the information. I have alot to consider! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 04:09 AM