OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mini A Usb Cable For Sl6000 In Uk?, Anyone know a source for Mini-A Cables?
henwall
post Nov 22 2004, 02:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,556

I'm a (very) happy owner of a Zaurus SL-6000 with just one little imperfection in my enjoyment of my new laptop-replacement.

That little piece of grit is that I cannot find a USB Mini-A (or On-The-Go A) Male, 5 pin adapter to allow me to use the USB Host capability of the SL6k.

Anyone know of a supplier who ships to the UK? Or, even better, a UK source for these cables?

It's unfortunate that Sharp have been very good about using the correct adapter, but there aren't any other products (that I'm aware of) that have a mini USB host, so the cables are amazing rare.

Any help gratefully received.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chapster
post Dec 9 2004, 06:57 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,848

Wondering if you found an answer to this as I've just got my SL6K and want to connect to
my digicam.

What I have done is bought the SerialIO zLink cable from expansys.co.uk. Not cheap, but a
quality cable. I was surprised that it actually plugs into the Sharp I/O port on the bottom
of the SL6K and the other end is a male A. I had expected it to go into the mini-A but don't
really mind!

Next plan is a female USB A to female USB A adaptor and this should connect to the digicam.
However, I need to sit in a darkened room with a meter to check whether I need to do any
crossing over.

Of course, the best plan would be a female A to male mini A (your original question) to adapt
my existing camera cable.

+Quote Post
henwall
post Dec 17 2004, 03:04 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,556

I've not succeeded in finding a UK source but I have discovered that the iRiver America store sells an accessory for their Portable Media Player that is exactly what I'm looking for (and only costs $4.99) but they don't deliver to the UK mad.gif

So I'm currently trying to persuade an American to buy one and post it to me.

+Quote Post
marshmn
post Dec 17 2004, 03:36 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,508

Some IRiver accessories are stocked in the UK by at URL=http://www.mp3players.co.uk/]http://www.mp3players.co.uk/[/URL], but unfortunately they don't seem to stock the mini-A cable though sad.gif Perhaps it would be worth an email to them to see if they could stock some though?

Probably unlikely, but might be worth a shot at least...

Matt

+Quote Post
chapster
post Dec 21 2004, 08:35 AM
Post #5

Still looking for the cable. I've deliberately bought the "wrong" one and will be trying to engineer it to see what happens. Will be taking a look at the USB OTG electrical spec first.

+Quote Post
Foxdie
post Dec 21 2004, 10:52 AM
Post #6

Group: Admin
Member No.: 875

Is this the cable you're looking for?

If so I don't mind giving it to you but you'll have to arrange collection because I don't have time to arrange postage. It came with my mobile (Sony Ericsson V800) and I don't use it as I have a card reader / bluetooth enabled laptop.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

+Quote Post
chapster
post Dec 22 2004, 02:27 PM
Post #7

Hard to say Foxdie, but thanks for the offer. The mini-A is unlike most mini-As you'd
see in the shops or online. I'll try and ascii-art the differences;

[FONT=Courier]
________
| |
( ooooo )
---------------

Above is the "normal" mini-A you see everywhere.
________
/ \
( ooooo )
---------------

This is the Sharp mini-A. The upper half has sloping sides.

What do you think?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 10:57 PM