Anyone else here ride?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Sep 27 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,821

That's one reason I'm absent all summer.
I ride all the time, and actually don't own any other vehicles.
I have 2 bikes, so I'm never without one.
2001 FXDL
2003 FLHRCI

Jon

EDIT: sorry for the lo-res pics, my Palm Zire 72 is the only digital camera I have at the moment

+Quote Post
dz
post Sep 27 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #3

~

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,667

That's awesome Jon. How are those Harleys on longer trips? I've heard lots of mixed reviews. Any cool trips lately?

This is my main ride:

I just did a nice trip of about 3600 miles and 17 states. I'm planning a trip up to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska for next Summer. I think I might look into getting a bike better suited for touring instead of the track for that though.

I wish I could get rid of the cage, but I have 2 dogs that I like taking to dog parks and have to take to the vet and such so I dont have that option.

+Quote Post
adf
post Sep 27 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(dz @ Sep 27 2007, 09:00 PM) *
That's awesome Jon. How are those Harleys on longer trips? I've heard lots of mixed reviews. Any cool trips lately?

This is my main ride:

I just did a nice trip of about 3600 miles and 17 states. I'm planning a trip up to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska for next Summer. I think I might look into getting a bike better suited for touring instead of the track for that though.

I wish I could get rid of the cage, but I have 2 dogs that I like taking to dog parks and have to take to the vet and such so I dont have that option.

Carry extra filters wink.gif That is one long dirt road from Fox (just North of fairbanks) to the Arctic Ocean. The pavement is pretty interesting too, come to think of it.

+Quote Post
jocasmi
post Sep 27 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,088

My poor bike has just 400cc, is an old-fashioned Yamaha, and is waiting (since 2001) for me to have the time to open the engine and repair its internal starter cluth. Some day I'll put my hands on it.

Actually I use the car because of family, but I have some miles to remember.

Maybe some day, She'll come back to life again.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
dz
post Sep 27 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #6

~

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,667

QUOTE(adf @ Sep 28 2007, 01:56 AM) *
Carry extra filters wink.gif That is one long dirt road from Fox (just North of fairbanks) to the Arctic Ocean. The pavement is pretty interesting too, come to think of it.

Heh ya, I've been doing plenty of research so I have an *idea* of what to expect. Of course it's a whole different story once I'm actually there..

+Quote Post
alijames
post Sep 28 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,029

QUOTE(dz @ Sep 28 2007, 04:17 AM) *
Anyone else here ride?

Just about to upgrade my CBR600 to a Blackbird a senior colleague is 'getting too old for'. He's after a BeeEmm 1200 for what he calls a more comfortable ride.

Should shave at least 5 seconds of my 15 mile commute to Oxford...

Cheers,

Alistair

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Sep 28 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 8,821

QUOTE(dz @ Sep 28 2007, 12:00 AM) *

This is my main ride:

I haven't done any really long trips yet, that's why I got a touring bike this year. My previous superglide was too hard on my old bottom for that.
This is my first touring bike and I can say, there is a lot of difference going 500 miles on a road king compared to the superglide. smile.gif
I may goto Sturgis next year. I'm not a big traveler, but I usually log 15,000 miles on my bikes each summer just here in Illinois.

+Quote Post
cycle_55
post Sep 29 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 9,143

QUOTE(jocasmi @ Sep 27 2007, 11:10 PM) *
My poor bike has just 400cc, is an old-fashioned Yamaha, and is waiting (since 2001) for me to have the time to open the engine and repair its internal starter cluth. Some day I'll put my hands on it.

Actually I use the car because of family, but I have some miles to remember.

Maybe some day, She'll come back to life again.

Cheers.

I too ride an old-fashioned Yamaha. At 1100cc it may be a little larger but it isn't really about size. It's about two wheels and memories smile.gif.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 05:40 PM