OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> File Explorer And Editor Recommendations Please., For stock Sharp ROM on sl-c1000
deluxe
post Jan 15 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,780

Hi
I have an sl-c1000 which has the standard Sharp ROM installed. I would like recommendations for the better File Explorer and Text/Program Editors around.

I notice a couple of severe drawbacks when trying to use the standard Terminal and File Explorer: None of the System Files are viewable, so it seems impossible to see them, then to edit/change them in any way..........unless I am missing something simple (in which case please tell me what I need to do).
Many thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spartan
post Jan 15 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,501

Go to www.elsix.org and search for qkonsole, a replacement for the default terminal, Tree!Explorer, a replacement for the files tab, and zeditor, a replacement for text editor.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Jan 15 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #3

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

zeditor -install, hold icon down, remove magnify, run as root(now you can edit system files)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
qkonsole_0.9.3-20040205_arm.ipk here

hold icon down, remove magnify, activate program and hit fonts, fixed, use 12.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry guys for this last one

the kompany.com offers simply the best explorer i seen compared to all other file managers but it costs money. Does things even treeexplorer cannot do like...copy system directories and much much more. of course its not perfect as well

tkcexplorer/ -hold icon down and run as root.

purchase the cxxx version. before venturing here, please try all other file explorer softwares for the z and then if you are not satisfied, this one will.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 10:56 AM