Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zaurusthemes.org, is now open
rebski
post Jun 16 2005, 02:37 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,375

Fantastic effort there Cresho!

Subdivision into categories would be very useful, especially seeing how there are already so many.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
benplaut
post Jun 16 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 7,011

oh, and can you add a section for 640x640 backgrounds?

they are optimal for 6k and clamshells because you can turn them either way, and they won't tile smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Jun 17 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #18

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

QUOTE(benplaut @ Jun 16 2005, 10:17 PM)
oh, and can you add a section for 640x640 backgrounds?

they are optimal for 6k and clamshells because you can turn them either way, and they won't tile  smile.gif

DONE!

+Quote Post
w14
post Jun 17 2005, 03:10 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,049

QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 17 2005, 10:09 AM)
DONE!

Its returning a 404 at the moment ... you have a typo in the link. It says ...640x6400...

Mike.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Jun 17 2005, 03:40 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(w14 @ Jun 17 2005, 03:10 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 17 2005, 10:09 AM)
DONE!

Its returning a 404 at the moment ... you have a typo in the link. It says ...640x6400...

Mike.

yeah uploading over 270mb is slow and time consuming. ill fix the typo. im almost done with the new zaurus theme and im 50 dollars short in ordering my new zaurus c1000.

stuff im going through at 4 am....

+Quote Post
craigtyson
post Jun 17 2005, 04:11 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 3,698

Cresho

Why not stik a PayPal donation button somewhere on the site. Webspase isnt free and you have obviously put alot of time nito uploading the imaged and formatting them.

+Quote Post
Stubear
post Jun 17 2005, 07:23 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,219

QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 16 2005, 10:24 AM)
DONE!!!!!!!!!  but uploading at the moment so you wont see the effect as of this post until 3 hours later.  wasnt too hard to edit 1600 html pages.  The only problem here is you wont be able to see the last location you were at unless.....i add cookies but i hate em and want it plain and simple.  i may however, subdivide it to desktop, nature, cars, girls, gentoo, kde, gnome, fantasy....etc.

Yay! biggrin.gif

Tell me you really don't edit 1600 seperate pages! You use php or something to generate the pages don't you? Or at least a template and a script to generate the pages?

I'm not a big fan of cookies either, I'm happy just remembering what page I was at last time.

thanks

Stu

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Jun 17 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(craigtyson @ Jun 17 2005, 04:11 AM)
Cresho

Why not stik a PayPal donation button somewhere on the site.  Webspase isnt free and you have obviously put alot of time nito uploading the imaged and formatting them.

Actually, its not my machine. I have no clue as to how offroadgeek is managing this especially with the load of wallpapers it has. He just gaved me the space and i do the work. kinda works out since i only have 20mb on my machine and so far, i have managed to use up 700mb for the site alone.

QUOTE(Stubear @ Jun 17 2005, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 16 2005, 10:24 AM)
DONE!!!!!!!!!  but uploading at the moment so you wont see the effect as of this post until 3 hours later.  wasnt too hard to edit 1600 html pages.  The only problem here is you wont be able to see the last location you were at unless.....i add cookies but i hate em and want it plain and simple.  i may however, subdivide it to desktop, nature, cars, girls, gentoo, kde, gnome, fantasy....etc.

Yay! biggrin.gif

Tell me you really don't edit 1600 seperate pages! You use php or something to generate the pages don't you? Or at least a template and a script to generate the pages?

I'm not a big fan of cookies either, I'm happy just remembering what page I was at last time.

thanks

Stu

I don't know...ill leave that up to your imagination but you are on track.

I have a question for you guys-

Do you guys care what kinda of wallpapers you see on screen? i know the flower ones are fantastic on the zaurus since it has that "look" to it. the cars work as well since there isnt too much on it but some star wars has alot of roughage that is unusable on the zaurus.

how should i approach this? just leave stuff that works on the zaurus? or it is fine the way it is?

+Quote Post
w14
post Jun 17 2005, 01:28 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,049

I think its fine the way it is - choice is good.

Personally, I would like to see more subtle backgrounds up there too. Most of the ones that are there would be good for X roms. I think they are too busy for a Qtopia based roms, where there is no choice but to have the icons on the desktop.

Mike.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Jun 17 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(w14 @ Jun 17 2005, 01:28 PM)

Personally, I would like to see more subtle backgrounds up there too. Most of the ones that are there would be good for X roms. I think they are too busy for a Qtopia based roms, where there is no choice but to have the icons on the desktop.

Mike.

then i think ill leave the ones i have up already and just add more subtle and less busy wallpaper for the qtopia users. Never thought of the xrom crew.

+Quote Post
benplaut
post Jun 17 2005, 02:09 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 7,011

QUOTE(w14 @ Jun 17 2005, 11:28 AM)

Mike.

here, here!

i've got about 5 lite backgrounds in the works, and one out already... i can't stand not being able to see my icons dry.gif

<<edit>>

forgot to add- are there any plans for the future to let users upload their own stuff? that would be cool biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Jun 17 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(benplaut @ Jun 17 2005, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE(w14 @ Jun 17 2005, 11:28 AM)

Mike.

here, here!

i've got about 5 lite backgrounds in the works, and one out already... i can't stand not being able to see my icons dry.gif

<<edit>>

forgot to add- are there any plans for the future to let users upload their own stuff? that would be cool biggrin.gif

im working on the upload html. im also working on the community based wallpaper section.

you can email em to me at cresho@earthlink.net right now so i can get those started. the upload html will be up later.

ohh...email them 2 at a time ziped or something cuz my email box wont take one big file.

+Quote Post
technojunkie
post Jun 17 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 4,547

QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 16 2005, 01:16 AM)
kinda makes your os feel like a real pda dont it?

did you manage to get all the wallpapers and title bar working properly on it?  Im curious to see how the file structure differs from cacko to zaurus 3.13 and also the theme manager.

if it works good, ill add cacko for support.

im working on a theme made of pure steel...man it looks freakin sweet!  Hope to have it ready by tomorrow.

Worked 100% the tabs, wallpaper, and a lot of the icons. (including a couple jeode apps!!!)

I think it's safe to say you support it at least on the 5500 I dunno about the C-series cacko.

Can't wait to see the new theme.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Jun 17 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(technojunkie @ Jun 17 2005, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jun 16 2005, 01:16 AM)
kinda makes your os feel like a real pda dont it?

did you manage to get all the wallpapers and title bar working properly on it?  Im curious to see how the file structure differs from cacko to zaurus 3.13 and also the theme manager.

if it works good, ill add cacko for support.

im working on a theme made of pure steel...man it looks freakin sweet!  Hope to have it ready by tomorrow.

Worked 100% the tabs, wallpaper, and a lot of the icons. (including a couple jeode apps!!!)

I think it's safe to say you support it at least on the 5500 I dunno about the C-series cacko.

Can't wait to see the new theme.

im almost done with 4 more. i hope you figured out about the tab configuration. it has more icons for your applications that you can add....

its under xtra/name.png so look under x for tons of unused umicon icons.

someone said it works on cacko already.

im gona port the themes over to the c1000 and hoping it will work on teh c3000 and c1000

im actually ordering my device online

DONE! i ordered a c1000. Now i will be using my sl5500 as a backup incase my new zaurus dies.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Jul 2 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #30

I added some updates for the c1000. check it out when you guys can.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 02:08 PM