2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Psion Returns!
ArchiMark
post Mar 14 2017, 05:31 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 208

And since we're comparing to other handhelds....let's include the Pyra in the comparison....

Technical Specs:

Texas Instruments OMAP 5 SoC
2x ARM Cortex-A15 @ 1.5Ghz with NEON SIMD
2x ARM Cortex-M4
PowerVR™ SGX544-MP2
Vivante GC320 2D Accelerator

2GB or 4GB RAM, 32GB internal eMMC

720p 5" LCD with resistive touchscreen

High-Quality speakers, analog volume wheel

Headset-Port, Built-in-Mic, HDMI Video Out

Various sensors (accelerometer, gyro-sensor, etc.)
Vibration motor

Ultra-portable: approx. 139 x 87 x 32 mm

Huge battery for a long battery life (6000mAh)

Gaming controls (DPad, 4 shoulder buttons, 6 face buttons)

Two accurate analog controls with push-button

QWERTY keyboard with backlight

Integrated Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n (2,4 and 5GHz) and Bluetooth 4.1

Dual SDXC card slots, one internal MicroSDXC card slot (can be used for the OS instead of the eMMC)

2x Full-size USB 2.0 Host (one can be used as eSATA-with a small adaptor), 1x Micro USB 3.0, 1x Micro USB (Debug and Charging)
Fully configurable RGB-LEDs for notifications

Optional 3G/4G/UMTS and GPS module

The Pyra is built to be modular.

It consists of not one, but three circuit boards.

* The CPU-Board (CPU, RAM and storage)
* The Mainboard (all ports, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)
* The Display-Board (for the screen)

You get the full schematics. No secrets.

And that screwdriver you own, use it to open hack and fix your device.

Engineering, design and craftsmanship manufacture done in Germany.

Buy a new board for updates, not a whole new device.

Long time support. The Pandora, which appeared in 2008, still gets updates 8 years later, and will continue to do so.

Replacement parts are still available for the Pandora. The same will be true for the Pyra.

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyratech/

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HoloVector
post Mar 20 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 9,420

QUOTE(Varti @ Mar 10 2017, 04:25 AM) *
Welcome back HoloVector, glad to see Zaurusers from the old days back here smile.gif

QUOTE(HoloVector @ Mar 10 2017, 06:09 AM) *

By the way, I'm back! Took the 3200, 1000 and 860 out of storage. The 860 is rocking a Star Wars theme on Cacko and I have Picsel Browser running on. The 3200 is e17 on pdaxii13 5.49 with with socket Bluetooth card to tether of my iPhone and the 1000 is loaded is cacko and kernel tweaks.

You have a nice setup there. Is Picsel still able to render all the current web pages, or it only works on selected sites?
I have only an SL-C1000, I'm testing the latest kexecboot on it, currently it is refusing to boot so I'm trying to find out why. After that I'll give Arch Linux a go, have you tried it yet?

Varti

Thanks Varti. Sorry got sidetracked with other issues. My wireless has been upgraded to WPA2 since I put them in storage and I can't find my wired Ethernet card. I'll try the Bluetooth using my phone to see if that works .

The last time I played with kexecboot was almost 10 years ago. I remember it was a bit of a bear to get working and needed Antikx and Grog's help to get it up running with pdaXROM r191.

I don't think I will be trying ArchLinux; I spent years tweeking these 3 Zaurii and with the loss of so many resources including my journal I don't think I could back them back to the state that they are currently in.

+Quote Post
Varti
post Mar 20 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #18

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

QUOTE(HoloVector @ Mar 21 2017, 04:43 AM) *
Thanks Varti. Sorry got sidetracked with other issues. My wireless has been upgraded to WPA2 since I put them in storage and I can't find my wired Ethernet card. I'll try the Bluetooth using my phone to see if that works .

You might want to try to tether via wifi rather than bluetooth, I have read that the latter might be slow, although it probably depends on what bluetooth specification is implemented by the card: http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=142996

The last time I played with kexecboot was almost 10 years ago. I remember it was a bit of a bear to get working and needed Antikx and Grog's help to get it up running with pdaXROM r191.

I have finally managed to boot it. Luckily I'm in touch with the developer (ant) so I can ask him for help.

I don't think I will be trying ArchLinux; I spent years tweeking these 3 Zaurii and with the loss of so many resources including my journal I don't think I could back them back to the state that they are currently in.

Sorry to hear about your journal, what has happened to it? Regarding other resources, I'm working on putting back the Wiki online, I have checked the database and all the pages are still there. I'm trying to get access to the Elsix account too, and I'm planning to host here a mirror of all the still available feeds. In general, it would like to find and host here any other resource that has been put offline and that might be still useful.

Varti

+Quote Post
Varti
post Mar 20 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #19

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

Moved this topic to "New products and alternatives", I was every time forgetting to do this rolleyes.gif

Varti

+Quote Post
HoloVector
post Mar 22 2017, 12:45 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 9,420

QUOTE(Varti @ Mar 20 2017, 11:18 PM) *
QUOTE(HoloVector @ Mar 21 2017, 04:43 AM) *

Sorry to hear about your journal, what has happened to it? Regarding other resources, I'm working on putting back the Wiki online, I have checked the database and all the pages are still there. I'm trying to get access to the Elsix account too, and I'm planning to host here a mirror of all the still available feeds. In general, it would like to find and host here any other resource that has been put offline and that might be still useful.

Varti

I think I lost my journal in a move along with my other my other wifi card and my Ethernet card.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 01:11 PM