OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cradle (usb) connection kills samba connection.
RichS
post Mar 10 2004, 10:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,369

I probably did this to myself, but I'm terrible at remembering or documenting the changes I make...

But recently I noticed that if I connect to my 5600 (sharp rom 1.32) to my desktop through the cradle/usb, then disconnect, I can't make a samba connection. I have to reboot the Z in order for samba to work. I thought this used to work, but I don't usb connect too often so I might have missed it.

I also thought there was a thread around here with a similar problem, but my searches didn't find it...

If anyone could suggest some things to check, I'd much appreciate it. This isn't a killer, but it is a bit annoying.

Thanks...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RichS
post Mar 11 2004, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,369

Well, that generated a lot of help ;-)

I really hate to look into and modify the system scripts without some more informed guidance...

I have noticed that a USB connection leaves dhcpd running. I also found that a "sudo killall dhcpd" will fix this problem. Much better than rebooting! But there must be something wrong here that can be fixed?

One more noticing(?) After a samba connection, nmbd is left running. This apparently doesn't harm anything, but it does eat some memory. Maybe it's connected to the above? Maybe it would be a similar fix?

Again, any help would be appreciated...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th July 2014 - 11:29 AM