Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Openbsd Zaurus Screenshots
coreilly
post Apr 1 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,517

Hi,

I've seen several screenshots on this site and using Google but I am interested in seeing more, people using different windows managers, programs, text, etc. Post your shots here please!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sequethin
post Apr 2 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,903

QUOTE(coreilly @ Apr 1 2006, 09:22 PM)
Hi,

I've seen several screenshots on this site and using Google but I am interested in seeing more, people using different windows managers, programs, text, etc. Post your shots here please!

it really is just X you know... nothing too different except it's tiny and slow haha wink.gif

+Quote Post
coreilly
post Apr 2 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #3

yah i know, i got blackbox on this powerbook but still... indulge me smile.gif

+Quote Post
mathemajikian
post Aug 4 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,349

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few screenshots from my OpenBSD/Zaurus fluxbox setup along with a physical device shot: biggrin.gif

Applications seen in photos: fluxbox, idesk, rox-filer, aterm, colorls, eterm, xterm, xman, eyes, hot-babe, gaim, xload, links+, xmms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and here are some other OpenBSD/Zaurus users screenshots:

+Quote Post
coreilly
post Aug 4 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #5

very nice... mine is far more plain... wmaker with steel theme only a few icons! very, very boring but loads in 3 seconds smile.gif

i've got minimo, xmms, dopewars, and windowmaker installed.

is that a pielframa or pdair case?

+Quote Post
mathemajikian
post Aug 4 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #6

It's the pdair case from Conics. It was free with my Zaurus purchase. smile.gif

I tried minimo but like konq-e much more. It does everything I want it to. I thought windowmaker was alittle more memory hungrey than fluxbox. I might give it a try later but fluxbox has always been my desktop of choice.

QUOTE(coreilly @ Aug 4 2006, 09:17 PM)
very nice... mine is far more plain... wmaker with steel theme only a few icons! very, very boring but loads in 3 seconds smile.gif

i've got minimo, xmms, dopewars, and windowmaker installed.

is that a pielframa or pdair case?

+Quote Post
hus
post Aug 4 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 10,193

Cool screenshots mathemajikian!, yeah that the OpenBSD as it should be tongue.gif

By the way did you tried to compile the new ettercap NG 7.3, i tried with no luck, it will be awesome if hand a help here.

PS: Zaurus looks cool without those screen stickers on it

+Quote Post
coreilly
post Aug 9 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #8

Mathemajikian,

I just installed 4.0-beta and gave konq-e a try... very impressive! First impression was that it handles Hotmail and doesn't crash like minimo... looks like you sold me on that one. Windowmaker still my choice due to package and no build time. Loads fast and easy touch screen access unlike Blackbox (fluxbox I assume too) which required a bit of playing to get it going with the stylus.

Anyway, 4.0-beta rocking xmms, windowmaker, konq-e, and soon dopewars. oh and kismet... all working fine.

Waiting for the C3300 and needing a good WM theme...

+Quote Post
mathemajikian
post Aug 10 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #9

Add the following to your .fluxbox/keys config file inorder to get the fluxbox menu and window properties via the keyboard.

Control w :WindowMenu # ctrl m presents selected window options menu
Control m :RootMenu # ctrl m presents fluxbox menu

I used WM a few years back on my first 3.2 FreeBSD box. It does the job quite well. Does the WM menu just popup when you click on the screen? Also can you post the memory usage of WM that is shown via top? For Fluxbox :

SIZE RES
3524K 3244K

Konq-e is great! I wish I could get w3m to build. I have heard that it is really nice. Minimo should be renamed bugimo. Maybe Opera will release a browser for us soon?

xmms is good but I hate the jumpy/choppy sound I get when I open up its little menu. So I decided I would use cplay instead. This player is a great console based mp3/ogg player. I tired mp3blaster since I have used it in the past but the audio didnt work correctly.

If you have a gmail account you can use pine as a email client to access your mail. Plus if you had your hotmail account back when they allowed pop3 access you can also use pine to check/read your hotmail emails. I use it for accessing my gmail account and it works great!

Have you noticed any improvements using 4.0-beta? Finally I'm sure you have seen these WM themes but I will post the link just incase:

http://themes.freshmeat.net/browse/918/ (warning this site contains some nudity)

Mathemajikian

QUOTE(coreilly @ Aug 10 2006, 04:16 AM)
Mathemajikian,

I just installed 4.0-beta and gave konq-e a try... very impressive! First impression was that it handles Hotmail and doesn't crash like minimo... looks like you sold me on that one. Windowmaker still my choice due to package and no build time. Loads fast and easy touch screen access unlike Blackbox (fluxbox I assume too) which required a bit of playing to get it going with the stylus.

Anyway, 4.0-beta rocking xmms, windowmaker, konq-e, and soon dopewars. oh and kismet... all working fine.

Waiting for the C3300 and needing a good WM theme...

+Quote Post
bruce
post Aug 15 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 4,638

mathemajikian,

I notice you are displaying Japanese on your zaurus. Have you also configured the Japanese input methods to work correctly? If so, would you mind sharing your configuration?

cheers,
bruce

+Quote Post
mathemajikian
post Aug 16 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #11

Sorry, the japanese screenshots are someone elses. Mine are in English with the OpenBSD background.

Here is the original posters post

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...indpost&p=92581

QUOTE(bruce @ Aug 16 2006, 02:16 AM)
mathemajikian,

I notice you are displaying Japanese on your zaurus.  Have you also configured the Japanese input methods to work correctly?  If so, would you mind sharing your configuration?

cheers,
bruce

+Quote Post
TronDD
post Aug 16 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 6,137

Have tried to get Japanese input working, too. Had it working for jVim and kanji term but not X. Tried to get some combination of SCIM and Anthy working but had compilation troubles, etc.

I keep the stock Zaurus ROM installed for the Japanese functionality. It'd be nice to have it in BSD.

+Quote Post
mathemajikian
post Sep 1 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #13

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are somemore OpenBSD screenshots:

+Quote Post
jpmatrix
post Oct 14 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 6,477

err

what is that rss reader ???

http://journal.mycom.co.jp/articles/2006/0.../images/28l.jpg

+Quote Post
mathemajikian
post Oct 14 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #15

It looks like liferea.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 02:44 PM