Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lamp And Moodle On Pw Etch!, got moodle running on Z
adf
post Mar 8 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,572

I set up lighttpd on pdaxii13, then got to thinking about what I might do in the Pocket Workstation setup. I installed apache2 (mpm prefork) php5 and mysql--and the packages that go along with them- and setup dyndns, and finally installed moodle 1.9. It actually worked beautifully, if slow. I can easily switch between running a simple lighttpd and LAMP (and moodle) with some short scripts. Nothing profound, or terribly useful, but it was fun to do, and still somehow a pleasant surprise to see my little Zaurus do something like this smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Mar 9 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,882

Sound very interesting. Are you using this setup to do actual course management? How is that in detail? smile.gif

+Quote Post
adf
post Mar 9 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(ZDevil @ Mar 9 2008, 02:35 AM) *
Sound very interesting. Are you using this setup to do actual course management? How is that in detail? smile.gif

It would be awfully slow for much course management. I did it more because I could-- I will probably use it as aportable demo/resource organizer to go with some courses I'm teaching, and ed-tech conference/discussions.

I did get moodle 1.9 going on lighty on my server at home--another proof thng- but I might try moodle/lighty on etch to see if there is a difference

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 06:23 AM