OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gpe-calender: Repair Corrupted Database File?
jan
post Apr 26 2007, 03:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,115

Hi,
yesterday my Z with latest OZ/GPE crashed. So I had to remove the battery for a rough reboot.

Now GPE calendar is empty, but the file ~/.gpe/calendar exist with non-zero size. IIRC this is a SQLite database file and I assume it was corrupted during the crash. Are you aware of a tool to analyse or repair this file?

Thanks
Jan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Apr 26 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,483

QUOTE(jan @ Apr 26 2007, 06:35 AM)
IIRC this is a SQLite database file and I assume it was corrupted during the crash. Are you aware of a tool to analyse or repair this file?

I'm sure that it's a SQLite database. GPE-Contacts is, which is how I managed to get my data imported from my old PDA. Since the import function was broken, it took me a while to figure out SQLite and manually import the data.

I wish I could help with the analysis part, but I'm not too familiar with SQLite. This page advertises a GUI tool that might be helpful. There's a free trial download, which may or may not be too crippled to be helpful.

+Quote Post
jan
post Apr 29 2007, 07:17 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,115

The database was OK. The date was wrong. And it took me two days to find out. I'm feeling bad.

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Apr 29 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,483

QUOTE(jan @ Apr 29 2007, 10:17 AM)
The database was OK. The date was wrong. And it took me two days to find out. I'm feeling bad.

biggrin.gif At least any feeling of embarrassment also came with a sigh of relief!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 09:15 AM