3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aircrack - Fast Wep Cracking Tool, got it built, need to start testing
speculatrix
post Apr 8 2005, 02:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

wep as everyone knows should only be used where either you're just stopping casual drive-by intrusion, or where you don't care TOO much about someone breaking in.

aircrack is a latest generation tool set for capturing, analysing and breaking wep keys.
http://www.cr0.net:8040/code/network/

I've made it build on zaurus, am going to be trying to test it, and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in giving it a go; I am wondering if my Zonet/Mercury card will be 100% suitable.

Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
silvio
post Apr 8 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,465

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Apr 8 2005, 12:04 PM)
wep as everyone knows should only be used where either you're just stopping casual drive-by intrusion, or where you don't care TOO much about someone breaking in.

aircrack is a latest generation tool set for capturing, analysing and breaking wep keys.
http://www.cr0.net:8040/code/network/

I've made it build on zaurus, am going to be trying to test it, and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in giving it a go; I am wondering if my Zonet/Mercury card will be 100% suitable.

Paul

Nice work - but you should better take a look at http://www.elsix.org/ before you waste your time with creating packages that already exists wink.gif

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Apr 8 2005, 03:55 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(silvio @ Apr 8 2005, 10:09 AM)
Nice work - but you should better take a look at http://www.elsix.org/ before you waste your time with creating packages that already exists wink.gif

Ah, it wasn't in the section I expected, it was in console tools not wireless.

Should have used the search function I guess. d'oh.

Sorry to have wasted people's time. Move along now, nothing to see.

huh.gif

+Quote Post
eji
post Apr 8 2005, 05:00 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,659

Uh, silvio, how exactly does one use Aircrack? I installed your ipk on my 6000, but I'm not good at all -- okay, downright pathetic -- when it comes to console stuff.

+Quote Post
silvio
post Apr 8 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(eji @ Apr 8 2005, 03:00 PM)
Uh, silvio, how exactly does one use Aircrack? I installed your ipk on my 6000, but I'm not good at all -- okay, downright pathetic -- when it comes to console stuff.

You need a wlan scanner like kismet or wellenreiter. Start the scanner (in wellenreiter you have to enable package capturing manually) and go for a beer - or a coke if you do not like alcoholics.

After half an hour stop the scanner. Now you got a very big capture file on your Z. Start aircrack with the capture filename on the commandline - now it's time for another drink. Maybe you have luck and aircrack has broken the WEP key when you return.

regards,
Silvio

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Apr 8 2005, 06:27 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(silvio @ Apr 8 2005, 01:39 PM)
You need a wlan scanner like kismet or wellenreiter. Start the scanner (in wellenreiter you have to enable package capturing manually) and go for a beer - or a coke if you do not like alcoholics.

After half an hour stop the scanner. Now you got a very big capture file on your Z. Start aircrack with the capture filename on the commandline - now it's time for another drink. Maybe you have luck and aircrack has broken the WEP key when you return.

more useful information here with hints to run aircrack better: http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1814

+Quote Post
silvio
post Apr 8 2005, 07:25 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Apr 8 2005, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE(silvio @ Apr 8 2005, 01:39 PM)

more useful information here with hints to run aircrack better: http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1814

Does anybody successfully use airodump ? This tool should shorten up the time you need for getting enough packages.
I can't make it work with Cacko ROM.

regards,
Silvio

+Quote Post
jfv
post Apr 9 2005, 05:42 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 202

I am getting an error "malloc 60MB" when trying to run the aircrack from ELSI. It's on a C860 with Sharp ROM and the file (.dump) was generated by Kismet. Is it just a matter of adding swap space (how much) or something else?

Thanks,

Felipe

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Apr 9 2005, 09:14 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(silvio @ Apr 8 2005, 03:25 PM)
Does anybody successfully use airodump ? This tool should shorten up the time you need for getting enough packages.
I can't make it work with Cacko ROM.

Have you got it working? If so, what did you have to do?

My self-built version sort of ran, but I think I'm not setting the card into the right mode - I had to manually do "iwpriv wifi0 monitor 1" sort of stuff; I've always relied on kismet's startup script to do this for me. If I get it working, I'll let you know.

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Apr 9 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(jfv @ Apr 9 2005, 01:42 PM)
I am getting an error "malloc 60MB" when trying to run the aircrack from ELSI. It's on a C860 with Sharp ROM and the file (.dump) was generated by Kismet. Is it just a matter of adding swap space (how much) or something else?

60MB is a big chunk of memory; yeah, you'll probably need swap space; try "swapd" for a program to do it automatically.

Paul

+Quote Post
undrwater
post Apr 9 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 500

I'm getting the same error running the same aircrack on a 6000. I've used swapd, but that doesn't seem to help.

Is anyone running this successfully?

+Quote Post
qaisali
post Apr 13 2005, 05:04 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 6,867

it is good tool , but i can not use this tool coz iam new , any one here halp me and who is can explain how i can use this tool , plz plz plz unsure.gif thankz for all

+Quote Post
charlesa
post Apr 13 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,967

QUOTE(jfv @ Apr 9 2005, 08:42 PM)

Did you get this figured? I am also getting this error using a Wellenreiter packet dump file with the following message:

malloc(80 MB) failed

The packet dump file is pretty small - the test one I am using is only 200k.

This is on an C860 with Cacko 1.22a and a DLink660. Aircrack is from ELSI v 2.1.1. Interested to know how to get this working! Have any of you guys had success?

C.

+Quote Post
silvio
post Apr 13 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #14

it is working perfectly on my Z and I havn't done anything special.

+Quote Post
eji
post Apr 13 2005, 09:27 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 5,659

QUOTE(charlesa @ Apr 13 2005, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE(jfv @ Apr 9 2005, 08:42 PM)

Did you get this figured? I am also getting this error using a Wellenreiter packet dump file with the following message:

malloc(80 MB) failed

The packet dump file is pretty small - the test one I am using is only 200k.

This is on an C860 with Cacko 1.22a and a DLink660. Aircrack is from ELSI v 2.1.1. Interested to know how to get this working! Have any of you guys had success?

C.

Same here. I'm getting the 80MB version of the error running the Sharp ROM on my 6000.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 05:53 PM