OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zroadmap From Opie Feed Gives Error, qpeGPS doesn't work either...
tombraider
post Sep 4 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,590

Well, I knew it was a long shot and it would mean a wasted afternoon but I tried to install Zroadmap and qpeGPS on my OZ zaurus. Shoulda known better.

QPEGPS just doesn't appear anywhere and Zroadmap opens with an error message.

I've searched on the forums and it appears that these two apps really don't work on OZ?? huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
albertr
post Sep 4 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,195

Both work fine on my Simpad.
-albertr

+Quote Post
Mickeyl
post Sep 5 2005, 02:12 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 907

Hmm... deja-vu, i just thought we had discussed that more than once before... anyway, gpsd changed it's IPC interface and the other programs are a bit slow with catching up. Until they did that, the new gpsd won't work with 'em. You may pester the respective developers if you think this will improve the speed...

+Quote Post
tombraider
post Sep 5 2005, 05:05 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,590

QUOTE(albertr @ Sep 4 2005, 11:52 PM)
Both work fine on my Simpad.
-albertr

albert:
You have a cf GPS working on your SIMpad? How did you do that? Details, details! I have a SIMpad and have wanted to get a GPS working on it because of the beautiful screen display. I presume you have some form of OZ on it though and I have Windows CE 4.1.

Mickey:
I did search the forums and did not come up with any solutions. So, in effect Zroadmap that is in the Opie feed does not actually work?

I got qpeGPS working but when I plug in my digitraveler to the serial port (or whatever that is), the DT lights up but is not recognized by qpeGPS. I thought I saw a posting about that problem so I'll research that today.

Thanks for your responses.

+Quote Post
albertr
post Sep 5 2005, 06:32 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,195

QUOTE(tombraider @ Sep 5 2005, 08:05 AM)
You have a cf GPS working on your SIMpad?  How did you do that?  Details, details!  I have a SIMpad and have wanted to get a GPS working on it because of the beautiful screen display.  I presume you have some form of OZ on it though and I have Windows CE 4.1.

I have a Belkin Bluetooth GPS unit (the same as Fortuna Clip-On). I don't use Windoze.
-albertr

+Quote Post
abject
post Sep 13 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,273

QUOTE(Mickeyl @ Sep 5 2005, 02:12 AM)
Hmm... deja-vu, i just thought we had discussed that more than once before... anyway, gpsd changed it's IPC interface and the other programs are a bit slow with catching up. Until they did that, the new gpsd won't work with 'em. You may pester the respective developers if you think this will improve the speed...

Is Wellenreiter caught up yet, Mickey? 1.0.5 is what's on the Hentges OZ 3.5.3 rom. Works great except I couldn't get it to listen to my GPS.

- Larry.

+Quote Post
Mickeyl
post Sep 14 2005, 04:24 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(abject @ Sep 13 2005, 09:50 PM)
Is Wellenreiter caught up yet, Mickey? 1.0.5 is what's on the Hentges OZ 3.5.3 rom. Works great except I couldn't get it to listen to my GPS.

I'm afraid not, due to my involvement in OpenZaurus and OpenEmbedded I'm more or less done with hacking on Opie. I promise to take a look at Wellenreiter + recent gpsd this weekend.

+Quote Post
abject
post Sep 15 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,273

QUOTE(Mickeyl @ Sep 14 2005, 04:24 AM)
I'm afraid not, due to my involvement in OpenZaurus and OpenEmbedded I'm more or less done with hacking on Opie. I promise to take a look at Wellenreiter + recent gpsd this weekend.

Mickey,

I'm very grateful for your work on OE and OZ, I know all of us here are. 3.5.3 is great. I won't whine if you take a weekend off smile.gif

But... erm... if you don't, gpsd 2.20 is what comes with Hentges - still at Protocol Level 1 (but V2).

Let me know how I can help you. Haven't coded in anger for 10+ years, but I can help with testing on my 5500 + AIRCable + B/T GPS (which I'm quite proud I got working tonight!). I'll be around this weekend.

- Larry.

+Quote Post
lardman
post Sep 16 2005, 03:24 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 464

I can't remember the versions off the top of my head, but there was a bb file for the old version of gpsd in OE. This won't be built by default as it's an earlier version, but it should work.

Obviously migrating the apps which use gpsd is the way to go, but as a stop-gap it may be useful to have something working,

Si

+Quote Post
Mickeyl
post Sep 16 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #10

So, which is the most recent version that works?

+Quote Post
lardman
post Sep 17 2005, 01:54 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 464

The versions were a guess due to the two bb files being present.

That said, I took a look on the qpegps website and they have the code for the gpsd they use to download: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/qpegps/...tar.gz?download

I had a quick look through it and it appears to be version 1.01

20000305 (1.01)
  Updated to IANA port.
  Fixes to DGPS support.

It would be relatively easy for one of the people who want to use qpegps to add this to OE as a new .bb

I can't remember when the changes happened with gpsd, but there's a thread on the qpegps bugtracker which talks about some patches to make it work with gpsd 1.10. Someone might want to take a look at them and see if qpegps can be patched to work with the latest versions of qpegps - in any case there are other threads about this as it's been on going for ages now (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=862816&group_id=55933&atid=478750).

Si

+Quote Post
pascalmartin
post Nov 11 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 6,712

QUOTE(Mickeyl @ Sep 5 2005, 03:12 AM)

Hmmm. I never experienced an incompatibility on my desktop. Do you know what version causes the problem? (I use 2.28--Debian unstable.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 01:13 PM