OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A matrix chat room for the Gemini...
scops
post Dec 22 2017, 07:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,976

Hey,

i've created a room in the matrix network. feel free to join: Planet (Computers) Gemini blink.gif

Room name for channel directory search: #planetgemini:matrix.org

This post has been edited by scops: Dec 22 2017, 01:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Varti
post Dec 22 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

QUOTE(scops @ Dec 22 2017, 04:40 PM) *
Hey,

i've created a room in the matrix network. feel free to join: Planet (Computers) Gemini blink.gif

(Maybe this forum needs a subforum for misc news/posts? laugh.gif )

Hi and welcome here!

I agree, a new subforum about general discussions would be useful, I have created it and moved here this thread. Please let me know if you think we'd need any additional subforum here.

Good idea about the chat channel. I have tried to join using the above link, though it always returns a "Failed to join room - You are not invited to this room." error, both as an unregistered and as a registered user. I have also tried to search for the planetgemini channel in the directory, but I could not find it. Has it maybe been set as a private channel?

Varti

+Quote Post
scops
post Dec 22 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Varti @ Dec 22 2017, 12:56 PM) *
QUOTE(scops @ Dec 22 2017, 04:40 PM) *
Hey,

(Maybe this forum needs a subforum for misc news/posts? laugh.gif )

Hi and welcome here!

I agree, a new subforum about general discussions would be useful, I have created it and moved here this thread. Please let me know if you think we'd need any additional subforum here.

Good idea about the chat channel. I have tried to join using the above link, though it always returns a "Failed to join room - You are not invited to this room." error, both as an unregistered and as a registered user. I have also tried to search for the planetgemini channel in the directory, but I could not find it. Has it maybe been set as a private channel?

Varti

Thanks! hmmm that's strange. i use this link format for other channels to without a problem. Maybe it's a browser problem? The Channelname on matrix uses this structure: #channel:server so its: #planetgemini:matrix.org

+Quote Post
Varti
post Dec 22 2017, 02:05 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(scops @ Dec 22 2017, 10:09 PM) *
Thanks! hmmm that's strange. i use this link format for other channels to without a problem. Maybe it's a browser problem? The Channelname on matrix uses this structure: #channel:server so its: #planetgemini:matrix.org

I'm using the latest Firefox Quantum 57.0.1 on my laptop running Linux Mint. I have done a bit of research, and according to this post:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/sl...org-4175604896/

the problem might be the "Anyone who knows the room's link, including guests" setting...

Varti

+Quote Post
scops
post Dec 23 2017, 07:43 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Varti @ Dec 22 2017, 02:05 PM) *
QUOTE(scops @ Dec 22 2017, 10:09 PM) *

I'm using the latest Firefox Quantum 57.0.1 on my laptop running Linux Mint. I have done a bit of research, and according to this post:

the problem might be the "Anyone who knows the room's link, including guests" setting...

Varti

*headdesk xD sorry... fixed.

+Quote Post
Varti
post Dec 23 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(scops @ Dec 23 2017, 04:43 PM) *
QUOTE(Varti @ Dec 22 2017, 02:05 PM) *

*headdesk xD sorry... fixed.

No worries smile.gif It works now, glad that the problem was solved. I'll be there online as much as possible, I have also added the link to the channel on my signature, and if you agree I'd add it to the links bar at the top of the forum, too. Let's see if anybody else joins us!

Varti

+Quote Post
Varti
post Dec 28 2017, 03:32 AM
Post #7

I have now mentioned the channel on both the Facebook Gemini page and the Indiegogo project's page, let's see if more people will now join.

Varti

+Quote Post
Adam Boardman
post Jan 3 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 815,489

I can recommend the use of the native matrix clients: https://matrix.org/docs/projects/try-matrix-now.html

+Quote Post
bogomips
post Jan 4 2018, 05:38 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 815,787

testing 1, 2- testing...

am i verified now?

+Quote Post
Varti
post Jan 4 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(bogomips @ Jan 5 2018, 02:38 AM) *
testing 1, 2- testing...

am i verified now?

Yep tongue.gif

Varti

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2018 - 02:47 PM