Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Web Ftp
portalgod
post Jun 25 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,923

Anyone using any web browser based ftp clients on their servers? I'm looking for one that can specifically support multiple file upload (not 100 text boxes but real multiple-file select and upload). I want a user to be able to hit the site, get a file seelct dialog box, select all 800 pictures from his last vacation or whatever, then hit upload and walk away. X mins later, it's uploaded.

Any ideas? Anyone using such an interface? PHP, Perl, Java are all supported.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Jun 25 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,806

not sure if this is what you want but why not run a normal ftp server and connect to it from IE or firefox, then drag and drop into the window.

it gives you simmilar resaults however i am not sure about the multifile upload, i dont think that you can do that or at least easily

it sounds to mue like you want a generic file upload interface for pictures and want to do it with an ftp backend (because it allows uploads) however what you describe is in fact somthing else (ethier webDAV or a php script on the server dumping the data)

a webdav server wolud be nice and would work but would most likly create extra effort, if the issue is ease of use then i would go with teh IE/firefox idea. if its a long term solution then map the server (over webDAV or ftp) as a drive under windows or linux so it appears local to them

+Quote Post
portalgod
post Jun 25 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,923

QUOTE(Da_Blitz @ Jun 25 2007, 10:25 AM)
not sure if this is what you want but why not run a normal ftp server and connect to it from IE or firefox, then drag and drop into the window.

it gives you simmilar resaults however i am not sure about the multifile upload, i dont think that you can do that or at least easily

it sounds to mue like you want a generic file upload interface for pictures and want to do it with an ftp backend (because it allows uploads) however what you describe is in fact somthing else (ethier webDAV or a php script on the server dumping the data)

a webdav server wolud be nice and would work but would most likly create extra effort, if the issue is ease of use then i would go with teh IE/firefox idea. if its a long term solution then map the server (over webDAV or ftp) as a drive under windows or linux so it appears local to them

I forgot to mention that. I do have a "normal" ftp server running. I really am just looking for the front end interface.

Maybe mapping the drive via samba over ssh may be the way to go. Hrmm....

+Quote Post
zeigerpuppy
post Jun 25 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,778

net2ftp works nicely on my server,
it even allows logging in to 3rd party servers (although this can be disabled)
multiple file uploads are permitted and it is pretty fast and has an html/text editor built in.
I use it with proftpd with a mysql user database for security.
it's free too!

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jun 26 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #5

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

take a look for leechftp as an excellent if date ftp client

better yet would be to use sshd/scp to copy - get winscp if you want a gui - more secure.

+Quote Post
sdjf
post Sep 12 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,551

For windows ftp, my windoze friends like coreftplite. Mac people like cyberduck. Both are free GUIs and user friendly.

http://www.download3k.com/Internet/Tools-U...ore-FTP-LE.html

http://cyberduck.ch/

sdjf

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 05:42 AM