OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tell Uboot To Mount Rootfs From Other Partition, Is it possible?
Fatty
post Jan 8 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,168

So my question is: Is it possible to configure uboot to mount / from other partition, say, /dev/hda3 of the internal drive?

Here is what I'm thinking: I have an 8G CF inside my C3100 and partitioned as hda1 (ext3), hda2 (swap), hda3 (ext3). I installed pdaxiiv13 at hda1 which works fine, and untar the EABI rootfs from ZDevil to hda3. If I could tell uboot to mount / at /dev/hda3, then the pdaxiiv13 would be intact, and I could simply do a NAND restore to restore it while doing a uboot/kernel install to restore Debian.

Any hint?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chero
post Jan 9 2008, 04:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,962

QUOTE(Fatty @ Jan 8 2008, 04:20 PM) *
So my question is: Is it possible to configure uboot to mount / from other partition, say, /dev/hda3 of the internal drive?

Here is what I'm thinking: I have an 8G CF inside my C3100 and partitioned as hda1 (ext3), hda2 (swap), hda3 (ext3). I installed pdaxiiv13 at hda1 which works fine, and untar the EABI rootfs from ZDevil to hda3. If I could tell uboot to mount / at /dev/hda3, then the pdaxiiv13 would be intact, and I could simply do a NAND restore to restore it while doing a uboot/kernel install to restore Debian.

Any hint?

It is possible if you recompile uboot.
Basic options are /dev/mmcblk0p1, /dev/hda1, /dev/hdc1 and one I can't remember ATM. They can be activated by pressing and holding "1", "2", "3" or "4" at boot time. The same way you press "OK" for reflashing a kernel or system.
I I recall correctly, there is a howto for changing uboot on Louigi600's site.

Chero.

+Quote Post
Fatty
post Jan 9 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,168

Tks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 04:06 PM