Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kdepim-pi On Fedora Core 3
steven999
post May 2 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 557

Hi All,

Just wanted to mention my experience with Fedora Core 3 and running kdepim-pi. I managed to get it working with too much problems by downloading the 2.1.0 memory stick version from pi-sync.net. Afterwards, trying to run kopi_Linux by itself comes up with a linking error as it looks for libqt.so.3. On my system I had /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4, so I added a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libqt.so.3 to /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4. After that, kopi_Linux runs! Syncs like a champ over 802.11b to my 5600.

I didn't get into kdepim-pi until just recently and have now found it to be just a fantastic piece of software. And the fact that I can sync on Linux is great. Big thanks to Zautrix for all the hard work, and hope this info may help others get things going.

steven
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zautrix
post May 2 2005, 11:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(steven999 @ May 3 2005, 06:55 AM)
Hi All,

Just wanted to mention my experience with Fedora Core 3 and running kdepim-pi.  I managed to get it working with too much problems by downloading the 2.1.0 memory stick version from pi-sync.net.  Afterwards, trying to run kopi_Linux by itself comes up with a linking error as it looks for libqt.so.3.  On my system I had /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4, so I added a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libqt.so.3 to /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4.  After that, kopi_Linux runs! Syncs like a champ over 802.11b to my 5600. 

I didn't get into kdepim-pi until just recently and have now found it to be just a fantastic piece of software.  And the fact that I can sync on Linux is great.  Big thanks to Zautrix for all the hard work, and hope this info may help others get things going.

steven

Thanks for that info.

I think the best solution would be to include the needed libqt3 in the memory stick edition.

z.

+Quote Post
steven999
post May 3 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 557

That would be great to get that too, though thinking about it just now, libqt is linked itself to a great number many other libraries, which are pretty distribution dependent I think. (BTW: Looking at one of the Mandrake servers at work, where libqt would be /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so, doing an ldd on it lists some 20+ other libraries). Maybe adding just a small note to the distribution that it is SuSE-based and may require symlinking on other distributions would be enough for most Linux users?

QUOTE(zautrix @ May 2 2005, 11:00 PM)
QUOTE(steven999 @ May 3 2005, 06:55 AM)
Hi All,

Just wanted to mention my experience with Fedora Core 3 and running kdepim-pi.  I managed to get it working with too much problems by downloading the 2.1.0 memory stick version from pi-sync.net.  Afterwards, trying to run kopi_Linux by itself comes up with a linking error as it looks for libqt.so.3.  On my system I had /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4, so I added a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libqt.so.3 to /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4.  After that, kopi_Linux runs! Syncs like a champ over 802.11b to my 5600. 

I didn't get into kdepim-pi until just recently and have now found it to be just a fantastic piece of software.  And the fact that I can sync on Linux is great.  Big thanks to Zautrix for all the hard work, and hope this info may help others get things going.

steven

Thanks for that info.

I think the best solution would be to include the needed libqt3 in the memory stick edition.

z.

+Quote Post
unplug
post Jun 20 2005, 10:41 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,742

QUOTE(steven999 @ May 3 2005, 05:55 AM)
Hi All,

steven

Which file did you use exactly? I have been trying to make a working version on my Windows 2000, Fedora Core 3, and gentoo. None of them works for me. I can't find any support forum either. It would be great to sync with my 6K.

+Quote Post
Post #5

Member No.: 2,443

Just for the record in case anyone else gets stuck like I did with getting it working on Fedora. Thanks to the hints on this thread I gave up with the SuSe rpm and trying to compile myself and downloaded the memory stick version 2.25

I unzipped it, made kapi_linux and kopi_linux executable and they both ran first time. Everything just worked, including syncing over usb to my Zaurus ;-)

There were no errors, and I didn't need to link anything. Although I already had qt and openssl installed which the SuSe rpm couldn't find.

Patrick

QUOTE(unplug @ Jun 20 2005, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE(steven999 @ May 3 2005, 05:55 AM)
Hi All,

steven

Which file did you use exactly? I have been trying to make a working version on my Windows 2000, Fedora Core 3, and gentoo. None of them works for me. I can't find any support forum either. It would be great to sync with my 6K.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 09:36 PM