OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flash Card Program For Testing Vocabulary?, Flash card program?
Frederic Bergero...
post May 23 2009, 05:43 AM
Post #196

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,232

Just to let you know that toMOTko is now avaible for MacOS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Frederic Bergero...
post Aug 7 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #197

QUOTE(kurochka @ Oct 14 2008, 11:58 PM) *
Does anyone know if a QT4 application will run on Android (there is a craze about it now) and Maemo (e.g., N810)?

Hi Kurochka,

I installed the Maemo SDK a few hours ago and managed to build toMOTko and it runs in the emulator. It's not perfect visually but it runs well enough to be usable, I think. Of course, I don't know if it will work the same on the real device but hopefully, it will. I don't know yet how to package the application to distribute it. I will let you know when I have some new info.

Bye!

+Quote Post
Frederic Bergero...
post Aug 10 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #198

Anyone having a Maemo-compatible computer/phone/tablet could try to install these toMOTko deb files and report whether or not it works?

http://www.fbergeron.com/tmp/tomotko-0.11.2-1maemo1_i386.deb
http://www.fbergeron.com/tmp/tomotko-0.11....aemo1_armel.deb

Thanks.

Edit: You may have to install these required dependencies beforehand, from the extras repository :

CODE
libqtcore4
libqtgui4
libqt4-xml

+Quote Post
Frederic Bergero...
post Aug 16 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #199

I have uploaded toMOTko for Maemo in the extras-devel (diablo & fremantle) repository. Anyone can report whether it works fine or not please. Screenshots would be very appreciated.

+Quote Post
kurochka
post Aug 27 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #200

Member No.: 1,740

Sorry. I've been missing in action. I'll test and report.

+Quote Post
kurochka
post Aug 29 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #201

It works on N810 but I have not yet tried running it with glosssaries.

+Quote Post
Frederic Bergero...
post Aug 30 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #202

QUOTE(kurochka @ Aug 30 2009, 10:43 AM) *
It works on N810 but I have not yet tried running it with glosssaries.

So far, I've been told that the Preferences screen is too small and should be maximized. If you see any other improvements, let me know.

Concerning the import/export feature for glossaries, some people reported that it works fine.

The next version (for the Zaurus) will have 2 new features: SuperMemo-2 algorithm for Quizzes and a Character Viewer.

+Quote Post
kurochka
post Aug 31 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #203

Frederic, it's offtopic in this thread, but do you know of any recent/good EPWING readers for Linux? There is a good multiplatform QT-based dictionary program (GoldenDict) that supports a number of dictionary formats but unfortunately it does not so far supports EPWING. Could you code EPWING support for GoldenDict?

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPWING

+Quote Post
Frederic Bergero...
post Aug 31 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #204

I really have no idea. And, no, sorry, I have no time to work on GoldenDict for now.

+Quote Post
kurochka
post Aug 31 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #205

After running toMOTko on my N810 for a while, I can confirm that everything works. As has been reported, the preferences window is almost unusable (I had to select the smallest font to see anything on the last tab in preferences - it is the most problematic tab).

This is very exciting because now I have almost all necessary (for me) software on my N810. The only missing piece is EPWING viewer but I will be asking around. I may even consider getting the just-announced N900 when it starts shipping.

+Quote Post
Frederic Bergero...
post Aug 31 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #206

QUOTE(kurochka @ Sep 1 2009, 10:11 AM) *
After running toMOTko on my N810 for a while, I can confirm that everything works. As has been reported, the preferences window is almost unusable (I had to select the smallest font to see anything on the last tab in preferences - it is the most problematic tab).

I think that it will be usable if the screen is maximized. If it's not enough, I may have to change the layout a bit. I hope I won't have to do that though. I would really appreciate it if you could send me screenshots of the application (especially for screens that are too tight) so that I can get a better idea. I would like to see all the tabs of the Preferences window and also the revealing sequence editor (in the Quiz tab of the Prefs window, if you click the + button. It's seldom used but I'm curious to know if it looks good or not. I'm also interested in the Quiz window. Well... That's most of the screens actually :-)

QUOTE(kurochka @ Sep 1 2009, 10:11 AM) *
This is very exciting because now I have almost all necessary (for me) software on my N810. The only missing piece is EPWING viewer but I will be asking around. I may even consider getting the just-announced N900 when it starts shipping.

That's good. So I guess you will stop (or already have stopped) using your Zaurus then.

I also think that time to use another device is coming soon. The Zaurus is still not bad but, at last, interesting alternatives are appearing. I'm still not decided to buy the N900 though. I'm going to wait some more. As long as my Zaurus is alive, I'm in no hurry.

+Quote Post
kurochka
post Sep 1 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #207

I'll do the screenshots but first can I confirm the default font size at least for labels? I presume you want to see screens with the default font sizes.

I do use zaurus but not as often. It used to me the only device for my needs but now ... I have Kindle DX for reader, N810 for GoldenDict, N95 for lots of stuff.

+Quote Post
Frederic Bergero...
post Sep 1 2009, 02:11 AM
Post #208

QUOTE(kurochka @ Sep 1 2009, 06:54 PM) *
I'll do the screenshots but first can I confirm the default font size at least for labels? I presume you want to see screens with the default font sizes.

Good idea, yes, take the screenshots with the default font. I have no idea what it is though. Clicking Reset should revert to the default font, I think.

QUOTE(kurochka @ Sep 1 2009, 06:54 PM) *
I do use zaurus but not as often. It used to me the only device for my needs but now ... I have Kindle DX for reader, N810 for GoldenDict, N95 for lots of stuff.

You're fully equipped. 8-P

+Quote Post
kurochka
post Sep 1 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #209

let's see if I can add all the screenshots.

er, I'd love to replace all these gadgets with just one device plus a dedicated reader. DX is fine.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  screenshot01.png ( 74.95K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  screenshot02.png ( 70.14K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  screenshot03.png ( 73K ) Number of downloads: 1
Attached File  screenshot04.png ( 72.98K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  screenshot05.png ( 76.81K ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  screenshots.zip ( 363.9K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
Frederic Bergero...
post Sep 1 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #210

Nice screenshots! Thanks.

It's certainly too tight to be usable. Is the Quiz and Glossary Manager also as tight as this? If so, I think the application must not be very "fun" to use. Is there no way to trigger a full-screen mode when using an application on Nokia's device? I think I've read something about that somewhere (like here).

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 04:16 PM