Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy New Year
keef
post Jan 5 2014, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,634

Hi and Happy New year

Unfortunately it will not be happy new year as no one posts anymore.

Also most of the links above now no longer work.

Is there anyone there?

keef
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
koan
post Jan 6 2014, 01:03 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,025

Still here.

I made some new releases recently.

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Jan 6 2014, 06:19 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,821

Happy new year everyone! I still use my SL-C3100 daily, mostly for its dictionary. smile.gif I come here to read posts most every week.
I'm not a Linux guru, but I like to find new and different ways to do things on the computer.
A Lot has changed in the computer world since I first joined this forum in 2005!
Anyway, I just thought I'd post and say Hello.

Jon

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Jan 6 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 208

Happy New Year, guys....

Haven't had a Zaurus for a few years now....but I do take a look around here every once in a while....just for fun....

Always brings back good memories....

In meantime, the past year or so, I've been playing with an OpenPandora....works pretty well, but chunkier than the Z clamshells and the keyboard keys are too rounded, so, unpleasant to do much typing....the clamshell Z keys are very nice in comparison....

Been toying with idea of getting another Z to play with....probably crazy idea....

What ROM's are still working or being updated nowadays?.....

Mark

+Quote Post
littlez
post Jan 8 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 21,397

Happy new year everyone! biggrin.gif
I still use offten my SL-C1000.

Littlez

+Quote Post
apink
post Jan 11 2014, 08:40 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,764

I also stop by every once in a while to see what's going on. I still have my Z that I use occasionally, but have migrated through the nanonote and now an openpandora for use daily at work. The Z is a nice machine because of the keyboard and the fact that the lcd ribbon (cable ... whatever is there) is designed well. On the nanonote the ribbon going through the hinge would eventually rip, resulting the screen no longer working. It started to show up as colored lines through the screen. This is now showing up on my pandora as well, so I will have to replace the ribbon. I think that the pandora developers are aware of it and making changes. I have never experienced this problem on the zaurus. Of course with the swivel the design is different.

The community with the pandora is strong, much like what there was with the zaurus several years ago.

+Quote Post
zaurusrex
post Jul 8 2014, 08:51 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 361,521

QUOTE(apink @ Jan 11 2014, 08:40 AM) *
I also stop by every once in a while to see what's going on. I still have my Z that I use occasionally, but have migrated through the nanonote and now an openpandora for use daily at work. The Z is a nice machine because of the keyboard and the fact that the lcd ribbon (cable ... whatever is there) is designed well. On the nanonote the ribbon going through the hinge would eventually rip, resulting the screen no longer working. It started to show up as colored lines through the screen. This is now showing up on my pandora as well, so I will have to replace the ribbon. I think that the pandora developers are aware of it and making changes. I have never experienced this problem on the zaurus. Of course with the swivel the design is different.

The community with the pandora is strong, much like what there was with the zaurus several years ago.

Just wondering, were you ever able to repair the torn Nanonote cable? unsure.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:39 AM