Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> First Projects Grabbed And Modified, Initial experience and feedbacks
dhns
post Jan 14 2005, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,043

Dear dz,

I have worked a little with the new and great ELSIX to update my projects stored there.

Here my first persoanal experiences and comments:
* I find that the fonts are a little large so that I always have to scroll up and down. Especially the Home page should show a one-liner for each new project and not the full blown description.
* when clicking on "My Subscriptions" I got a mysql error line in the otherwise correct page
* I did not find a method to specify "any ROM", "any processor", "any Screen Resolution" which is important for the Zaurus-X-gcc cross compiler which is not hosted on a Zaurus...
* When adding a branch, I also did not find a way to specify "any supported ROM", "any supported Model". Is it really meant that I specify e.g. 4x5=20 links/versions if I have written my tool to work on all models?
* I got another message in /public/host/elsix/html/mod.php line 421
* After adding a branch release I did not come back to the project page
* I tried to use upload but got an error that there is no permission. Then, I found out that the system assumes to use anonymous FTP. This is IMHO only needed files larger than e.g. 2MByte. All others should be uploadable like the screenshot
* For the Unixname I have just choosen the same as the project name removing all spaces and making everything lowercase. And I have never seen or used it again. Isn't that something which could be done automatically?
* The library mechanism was too complex for me - so I decided not to specify anything there.

So my general impression: great work, very powerful functionality - sometimes it even appears as overkill for my needs as a developer. Some smaller glitches which can be fixed.

Once again many thanks for developing this tool! I really know how much work is behind the scenes...

Have a nice evening,
hns
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
B_Lizzard
post Jan 14 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,201

Hi, I didn't know where to post this, and I didn't really want to create a new topic for such a trivial matter but here it is.

I wanted to me a recomendation.In order to make our (the simple users) lifes easier, you should add some things.One, you should have the search engine search in both project name and description.Also, a sorting system would be nice (Both in browse software and the search engine).Something like a dropdown list of: Sort by: Name, Views, Rating, Downloads etc.

I guess the elsix has just been lauched, and many more things come first.But I think it's good to hear what other people have to say.Remember, these are simple recomendations.Your site is what I think was missing from the whole equation, and is good enough without these features.But, it would sure make our lives easier... cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 01:19 AM