IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Export Display To Zaurus
tincat2
post Jan 28 2005, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,397

i have an sl6000l and i am set up to ssh(wireless) into my slackbox. the zaurus has the orig rom. how can i get my xapps, etc. to work on the z? thanx a bunch for any info.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tincat2
post Feb 1 2005, 02:38 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,397

the xapps weren't running on the Z-the gray screen was there, but nothing would connect to the server(locally or remote). i originally installed xqt-server 1.9 from sourceforge.jp along with the other pkgs required according to the debian pocket workstation site . i read adf's post and removed xqt 1.9 and put in 0.10. i also added /opt/qtpalmtop/bin to my path and now i can start the xqt server and then i can start rxvt or blackbox from a terminal-i get locale missing messages and the geometry is not right, but that might be tweakable. still no startx, which i believe would let me start up blackbox concurrently(would like to be able to do all this w/o a terminal running-i guess that means an icon on the Apps page; more i need to learn. i do appreciate all of your input here as i really like this machine. it's like what my psion series 5 would be with current tech, though i think the psion's flip open design w/nice little keyboard was the real deal-that with the z's power and screen would beyond rock. well, it's back to tinkering.

+Quote Post
adf
post Feb 1 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,572

I would have thought 1.9 would work.

My suggestion at the moment is to get a 0.8 server and use the older feed, not the testing one,and work from there. If you get that going (and I think you will) then play with the xqt2 testing stuff.

sorry to say it, but maybe you shoul rip out all the xqt related stuff and reinstall from the older feed. server 0.9 often works but sometimes renders fonts gigantically...

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 02:30 AM