Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Updated Fbvncserver, VNC server for SL-6000
tblumer
post Jan 28 2005, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 393

I have posted an update to the fbvncserver on our website: http://sdgsystems.com/downloads (version 0.9.6). The updated VNC server includes the "VNC Launch" application that allows you to set rotation (e.g. when your SL-6000 is rotated CCW, select that you want the VNC server to rotate CW to compensate - you'll now see the image 640x480 instead of 480x640). VNC Launch also allows you to kill the server. It is also compiled against libvncserver 0.7.
Enjoy!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adf
post Jan 30 2005, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,572

thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
xjqian
post Jan 31 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,478

works perfectly, thanks.

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Sep 20 2005, 07:35 AM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I'm using the updated fbvncserver and it displays perfectly (connecting from my xp work laptop to my 6000l, I just can't seem to figure out how to get mouse or keyboard to work with it. Basically it displays perfectly, but nothing else seems to be functional.

Any suggestions? Am I missing an ipk?

+Quote Post
cvmiller
post Sep 24 2005, 02:47 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE(offroadgeek @ Sep 20 2005, 07:35 AM)
I'm using the updated fbvncserver and it displays perfectly (connecting from my xp work laptop to my 6000l, I just can't seem to figure out how to get mouse or keyboard to work with it.  Basically it displays perfectly, but nothing else seems to be functional.

Any suggestions?  Am I missing an ipk?

Hmm, perhaps it is your client? I removed the older 0.9.5 fbvncserver, and installed the new on (0.9.7 for the SL-6000). I didn't follow their directions. I didn't restart, or anything (other than killing the old vnc server). I did tap on the new icon "VNC Server Launch" where I was presented with some start up options (I chose rotate). I didn't choose a password.

I was able to connect from my Mandrake based (new Powerbook!) using tightvnc client with no problem.

I did notice that the "F8" pop up which allows one to share the clipboards between the two machines doesn't actually transfer the clipboard. I suppose this is an improvement, since the older vnc server didn't even pop up the clipboard menu.

Perhaps you can try a different vnc client (perhaps boot Knoppix CD and try that just to narrow down where the problem lies).

I hope this helps,

Craig...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:17 PM