Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Arm And Zaurus Software Emulator, ARM and Zaurus Software Emulator
Mark
post Jan 29 2005, 06:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,346

Hi everyone!

I've been working in stealth mode on a software emulator for the ARM architecture. It runs on a PC (Linux only at present) and emulates the system features of the Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 platform. Currently I am able to run bare machine programs, vanilla Linux kernels, and OpenZaurus SL-5500 distributions. The emulator uses some fairly sophisticated simulation techniques so performance is very good. I am close to a real-time simulation of the SL-5500 on a fairly ordinary 2.6 GHz Pentium 4. It does a pretty good job with Zaurus Pacman for example!

The emulator will be a commercial product, and I'm looking for volunteers for the beta test program. If you are interested, please check out the details over at http://www.virtera.com and become a site member if you'd like to give it a try. You will need to have access to an x86 Linux machine with a supported distro, and have some familiarity with installing from RPM, building Linux kernels and installing OpenZaurus to get started.

Look forward to hearing from you! Cheers,

Mark.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Pyrates
post Jan 30 2005, 10:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,475

Hey Mark!

Could you explain "commercial" ? I'm really not trying to start a flamewar, but the thing is, my gentoo system isn't supported by you, and if I get the source, there's a much better chance of getting it to run... Also, I couldn't find anything about the price, what is to be expected?

Cheers
Philipp

+Quote Post
Mark
post Jan 30 2005, 11:25 AM
Post #3

Hi Philipp,

Commercial means that this is proprietary software, developed as an original work by Virtera Inc. as part of a commercial enterprise.

Although we don't support gentoo at this time, there is a good chance that one of the supported distributions will just work. The main dependency is on the dynamic libraries supported by your distro. If there is a problem then I can work with you to solve it.

We haven't disclosed pricing yet, but we will set appropriate price points for home users, and for business users.

Mark.

+Quote Post
RickHodgin
post Aug 13 2005, 04:00 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,845

Mark,

I would be very interested in porting the emulator to the Windows/PC architecture. As this is a commercial venture, I would be willing to sign whatever non-disclosure agreements would be required. I would also be willing to demonstrate my abilities prior to any significant investment of time or effort on your behalf.

If interested, please contact me.

- Rick C. Hodgin

+Quote Post
Mark
post Aug 13 2005, 08:58 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(RickHodgin @ Aug 13 2005, 05:00 AM)
Mark,

I would be very interested in porting the emulator to the Windows/PC architecture.  As this is a commercial venture, I would be willing to sign whatever non-disclosure agreements would be required.  I would also be willing to demonstrate my abilities prior to any significant investment of time or effort on your behalf.

If interested, please contact me.

- Rick C. Hodgin

Hi Rick,

Can you send an e-mail to me so that we can discuss this off-line? You can reach me at support (at) virtera.com. Thanks!

Mark.

+Quote Post
RickHodgin
post Aug 13 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,845

QUOTE(Mark @ Aug 13 2005, 11:58 AM)
Hi Rick,

Can you send an e-mail to me so that we can discuss this off-line? You can reach me at support (at) virtera.com. Thanks!

Mark.

An email has been sent to the address you specified. I look forward to hearing from you.

- Rick C. Hodgin

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th July 2014 - 12:31 AM