Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Java On The C3000
totsubo
post Feb 22 2005, 03:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,461

How can I install Java on my SL-C3000?

Specifically I downloaded an application (J-Flash) that is a kanji flashcard program in a .jar file. It seems that java is not installedby default on the C3000 and I can find an ipk for java.

Jc
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
iamasmith
post Feb 22 2005, 05:57 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,928

Not sure I like the idea of using Jeode. This version was licensed for the SL-5500 and I believe the SL-5600 but not for the SL-C series (up to 860) that was Sun PersonalProfile.

Basically your purchase of the product (a type of Zaurus accompanied with a downstream licensing deal) contributes to the licensing scheme of the sofware house that produced the runtime (as agreed between Sharp and the software house on a model by model basis) so it's important to have the right version licensed for your model to remain legit.

That doesn't change the fact that Sharp didn't license a JVM for the SL-C3000, I would suggest picking something free like Kaffe or using the IBM WebSphere environment (haven't tried it but its only $5.99 for a single device license)...

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDet...roductId=118025

- Andy

+Quote Post
neutralidea
post Mar 23 2005, 09:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,698

Have someone tried to install the same Java Personal Profile on C860 to C3000? I should work, but I didn't try yet...

Let us know when someone did it...

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:20 AM