OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mozilla Thunderbird, Firebird, And Sunbird For Z?, Mozilla's E-mail, Browser, & Calendar...
What browser do you think everyone will be using in 3 years?
What browser do you think everyone will be using in 3 years?
Internet Explorer [ 3 ] ** [13.04%]
Mozilla Firefox [ 18 ] ** [78.26%]
Other [ 2 ] ** [8.70%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
TonyOlsen
post Feb 26 2005, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,897

This may be a stupid question, but why don't we have a build of Mozilla Firefox (Browser), Thunderbird (E-Mail) and Sunbird (Calendar) for the Zaurus (or do we and I just missed it?)? These products look set to overtake Internet Explorer (IE), Outlook Express (OE) and possibly even Outlook & Outlook Calendar in an event that only happens once every decade!

Has this subject already been discussed elsewhere? Does the Zuarus have enough power (400+ MHz), memory (64 MB Ram), disk capacity (4+ GB and up), and display resolution (640x480 VGA) to handle these? If so, wouldn't that give the Zuarus the kind of software that would make them almost supperior to their Windows desktop counterparts?

Maybe the Zaurus could then stand on its own as a computer and not just a cool-looking appendage of a desktop computer.

What are your thoughts? What are some of the facts on this matter?

Is the Mozilla Suite's source code available? Are they open source? Do we have the power and ability to compile them for the Zaurus?

This may turn into an exciting topic! smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
JohnKiniston
post Feb 27 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,262

Firefox is available in the x11 feed for OpenZaurus, I have a 5500 so it'd be way too big to fit on my screen.

pdaXrom also has it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 10:33 PM