4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brand new camera card for $14.95
zaurusbs
post Jan 18 2004, 08:09 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,257

does anyone know if this camera will work on the 5600?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_tapjpa_*
post Jan 18 2004, 10:55 PM
Post #17

Guests

Yes it will, just pull the ipk from here http://www.sharpusa.com/files/hpc_soft_qpe-camera.exe

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Jan 19 2004, 02:20 PM
Post #18

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Just got off the phone with compuplus... they won't budge on the shipping terms. And since I can't see spending an extra $100 on shipping for 10 small cameras... I've decided to just not buy any extras. So if you've PMd me about shipping one to you, sorry - can't do it.

+Quote Post
Guest_tapjpa_*
post Jan 19 2004, 03:38 PM
Post #19

Guests

Just noticed that they raised the price to 28.95, think they noticed a run on them wink.gif

+Quote Post
cavit8
post Jan 19 2004, 05:42 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 991

Just out of curiosity, how do these cameras perform? I noticed someone said they're okay but not amazing. What does that mean exactly? What are the weak points/strong points etc. etc. These things are $50 for me to ship, added with exchange etc. that makes them far less of a deal for me.

Cheers

Cam

+Quote Post
raybert
post Jan 19 2004, 08:49 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 1,029

I ordered one but don't have it yet. I wouldn't expect much from it; it's not a serious camera, IMO.

The resolution is low: 640 x 480, IIRC.

I figure the thing will be useful for quick snapshots of stuff if I'm out comparison shopping or something. If I want to take real photos I'll break out my Nikon digicam.

If I'm surprised when I receive mine I'll post something about it.

FYI: Here's a link to the manual for the camera: http://www.zaurus.com/dev/support/download...-AG06Manual.pdf

~ray

+Quote Post
raybert
post Jan 19 2004, 08:52 PM
Post #22

Just noticed that they raised the price to 28.95, think they noticed a run on them wink.gif

Real nice. Obviously a highly ethical organization that truly values its customers.

~ray

+Quote Post
zaurusbs
post Jan 20 2004, 07:48 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,257

combine that with the ridiculous shipping charges and hey! they suck!

+Quote Post
NotesSync
post Jan 21 2004, 06:58 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,046

The camera is pretty good for daylight shots. I use mine for yard projects so at the store I can remember everything i need.

Their shipping is high, I had added some linksys stuff and nearly died when i saw $48 shipping for $65 order. I dropped everything but the camera. After checkin I did find that with the shipping they still beat everyone eles price on the linksys.
The order I placed sunday was delivered today.

+Quote Post
bb
post Jan 21 2004, 11:55 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,172

Yes it will, just pull the ipk from herehttp://www.sharpusa.com/files/hpc_soft_qpe-camera.exe

How about the SL-C860? Can the camera be used with that model?

Best regards.

+Quote Post
raybert
post Jan 22 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #26

Well, just got my camera card. It's a pretty neat little card but, as expected, the picture quality isn't great. The Sharp SW is pretty decent too. You get a live preview on the GUI that updates pretty fast and cleanly. You can choose from 480x320 or 240x160 resolution in landscape mode or 480x640 or 240x320 in portrait mode. The lens rotates 180 degrees forward (towards the subject) or backwards (towards you) and you can flip the preview display to match. The lens uses manual focus (turn the lens ring). There's a shutter button on the card itself as well as one on the GUI. You can set the compression quality between "normal" and "fine". You can save either to internal memory or SD. There's also a SW zoom function (2x, I think) that only works at the lower resolutions and a full screen preview that only works in portrait mode. Other than the limited quality, the only other problem (albeit, a minor one) is that the card blocks the stylus garage. All in all a pretty cool toy, especially at the minimal price paid.

~ray

+Quote Post
Guest_tapjpa_*
post Jan 22 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #27

Guests

Just got my camera as well, for what I paid and considuring what it is I am actually impressed.
I took a few pics with it and will post them later when I get home from work.

+Quote Post
post Jan 23 2004, 07:46 AM
Post #28

Group:
Member No.: 0

I just bought mine yesterday for the new $28 price (still a great deal) with the $15 shipping (a horrible deal). I'm hoping to get it either monday or tuesday.

I've read that it is very hard to focus and has trouble with low light, but for $42 I don't really care if its up to snuff with a dedicated digital camera.

+Quote Post
post Jan 23 2004, 08:18 AM
Post #29

Group:
Member No.: 0

Ordered mine on Friday. It was shipped on Monday and I received it on Wednesday. It is poor quality (worse than the Zire 71 cam for example) but perfectly fine for quick outdoor shots in good light. For the price, I am happy with it! I am using it on a SL-C860. Total paid, about $30 incl. shipping.

+Quote Post
Mickeyl
post Jan 23 2004, 08:21 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 907

Note that Opie-Camera http://www.Vanille.de/projects/camera.html also can take videos and supports more formats/resolutions. I never tested this on a C7x0 though.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 05:53 PM