Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!, New stable version
Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!, New stable version
Apr 18 2005, 08:33 AM
Joined: 3-February 04
From: N54°22.5' E10°08.2'
Member No.: 1,678
You can download KDE-Pim/Pi 2.1.0 here:
********** VERSION 2.1.0 ************
Stable release 2.1.0!
Summary of changes/fixes compared to version 2.0.6:
Many bugs of version 2.0.6 fixed.
Most of them were small bugs, but some of them were important.
It is recommended to use version 2.1.0 and not version 2.0.6.
Added recurring todos to KO/Pi.
Added global application font settings (for all KDE-Pim/Pi apps) to the general settings.
Made Passwordmanager PwM/Pi more userfriendly: Rearranged some toolbar icons, optimized setting of focus, fixed layout problems and more.
Datenavigator can now display many months. Very useful on the desktop.
KO/Pi alarm applet changed: Made buttons in alarm dialog much bigger and other usebility enhancements.
Made alarm sound working on Linux desktop.
Made KO/Pi and KA/Pi running from a memory stick. Please read storage HowTo for details.
Added timetracking feature in KO/Pi todo view. Please read timetraker HowTo for details.
Many other usebility enhancements.
Special thanks to Ben for his suggestions!
May 4 2005, 10:00 AM
Joined: 27-October 03
From: Greenfield, NH
Member No.: 781
- Firstly, the entire K*/PI 2.1.1 package is STUNNING. I've used Zs for years and this is the very first thing I've seen that makes a Z an usable PIM. STELLAR WORK.
- I'm not using the mail app yet, nor the phone i'face, so I can't address those. (wink)
- This requires an *unique* entry in the Description field, which I find just slightly bizzarre. I'm trying to import my zSafe data, because that doesn't run in landscape (pout), and it keeps failing because I have lots of entries with the same "Description". For instance, at work, I have account data for a dozen users on one server (my account and scads of test accounts with varying permissions). The description has the server name, then username & password fields have the user/pwd. I get the first entry for that server, and nothing else. It makes no sense (to me at any rate [wink]) to put unique descriptors, or duplicate the user's name in the description. I'd like a checkbox to disable this. I could use server<n> or some such for each description but that, too, seems hokey.
- When I shut the Z off, and turn it back on, the passwords are still unlocked. Don't know if this is good or bad, but zSafe requires re-auth on wake-up. I haven't checked if the password timeout functions when suspended ... that would be okay if it does.
- Some of my "password" data aren't really passwords at all, like the number of miles I have with various airlines. I don't really want or care for that to be hidden, once the file is decrypted; I just like my data in a common place. (grin) I'd find it convenient if the Category edit field, where I can change the labels, would also have a checkbox so the "password" field remains visible at all times.
- When I eneter an event with an alarm, and click the little notes, the browser doesn't show anything. Even if I drive to the directory where the Z keeps its .WAV files, there's just a blank screen there. I can manually enter the full path to a .WAV and it will use it for that event, but I can't pick one. This actually seems to be the case pretty much any time the file chooser is opened. <curiosity>Is there a reason why the system default chooser isn't employed?</curiosity>
- The ToDo list is nice, but it doesn't update the percent complete for me, like StageOne does, as I complete subordinate entries. Instead I have to manually select from fixed "percentages".
- I'd like to be able to re-organize the order of the ToDos manually, instead of having them appear in alphabetecal order. I can work around that by putting numbers on the parent.
- When I create a sub-task, it doesn't show that new sub-task. It does put a plus next to the parent of the new sub-task, which I can use to expand, but it doesn't expand right away. This is minor, but first time I did it, I thought it didn't create the sub-task at all! (wide grin)
- I'd like the ability to change what's shown in the upper-right, next to the calendar, so it doesn't always show ToDos, just like I can change what appears in the wide, lower part.
- When I hold on an event in the weekly, daily, monthly (any view with the hours on the left and the colored columns in the main area) until the context menu appears, I can't select anything in that content menu. I can use Actions from the main menu just fine.
- Thanks for your time...
System is a C1000 running Sharp ROM 1.1JP (?) and KO/KA/PWM/PI v2.1.1.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 6th December 2013 - 12:56 AM|