Sl-c3000 Beginner Questions
Sl-c3000 Beginner Questions
Apr 29 2005, 01:32 PM
Joined: 28-April 05
Member No.: 7,027
I've recently got a Zaurus SL-C3000 and have a few questions now. Since they are of various kinds, I've collected them and ask them now in the "general" forum rather than splitting them up and posting them to the various forums. Hope that's okay.
1. The 3000 does not speak with my Ericsson phones T39m and T68i. However, with the SIemens S45 I don't have any problem. I try to establish a GPRS connection via IrDA. On the Ericsson models, the IR indcator does not even show activity. Hoever, I can "beam" contacts from the Ericsson phones to the Zaurus, so the hardware works.
Is there any fix for this?
2. Where can I get Opera for the Zaurus? On the opera page they don't offer it for download ("Opera for mobile"?)
3. When connecting to a WInXP machine as an USB storage device, I always get "USB storage Alert" on the forst attempt. I have to disconnect and reconnect once to get the connection to work. What's the reason and how can I fix this?
4. How does the charging algorithm work? I wonder that the little animated battery in the tray does never seem to stop to show the charging animation. Is this normal?
5. With the unit came a Japanese charger which says "input: 100V" (it is a verysmall charger made in Thailand, name "EA-72". On the web I read somewhere the supplied charger can stand 230V. Is this correct, although it states only 100V? I really don't want to try it unless I can be sure. <g>
6. What is the best WiFi CF card for the Zaurus, i.e. the most power-saving with the best working range?
And can I also use SDIO cards in the 3000?
7. How can I connect USB devices to the 3000? Can I simply use a [miniUSB]->[USB A female] cable to provide an USB A connector to the USB devices?
What current can the Zaurus supply over USB?
8. I_d like to use PIM applications on the Zaurus and synchronize them with my Outlook at work. Do you recommend using Intellisync with the built-in Zaurus apps or is it easier / better to use KDEPIM (PIM/pi) apps instead? But the latter cannot be synchronized with Intellisync, AFAIK, but only with a desktop installation of KDEPIM, is this correct? I have tried the desktop KDEPIM applications, but importing data from Outlook did not work properly, so I'd raher avoid this way if possible.
9. What Windows software is recommended to create video files from DVDs so I can finally watch a movie from a DVD which I never had the timeto watch so far (now, with the Zaurus, I could watch it in the train or so).
I tried Nero 6, but it complained about copy protection of the DVD.
10. What could be the reason that the USB "PC Link" network connection does sometimes work and sometimes not? From 10 attempts I was only once able to establish a telnet session to the Zaurus. Pinging the Zaurus always seem to work fine, though.
11. Is there any driver for USB MIDI interfaces for the 3000 and any sequencer software?
12. Are there any projects for VoIP telephony? Would be nice to use the Zaurus with a WLAN card as a mobile VoIP terminal!
13. Is it possible to record stereo audio on the Zaurus? I know mono (microphone) can be recoreded.
So much for now.
Thaks you for your time, I appreciate any ideas and pointers.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 6th December 2013 - 07:17 AM|