IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Alaska, Alaskan Zaurus Users
nomeite
post Jun 25 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,827

I see there isn't a user group slot for Alaska. So this effort is to remedy the situation smile.gif
Alaska is so big that it sort-of demands it's own corner in this forum. Like Australia,
if you look at a world map, you just can't help but notice it is there:)
I may be the only person in Alaska using a Sl6000. But I can't believe that smile.gif
I think there must be a few others out there too. So here is where we can meet.

I live in Nome, a small town 130 mile south of the arctic circle, near the area where Alaska and Siberia are almost joined. I have been using my SL6000W for almost a year and it has replaced my G3 iBook as the electronic traveling companion of choice.

I see there hasn't been much activity here in this corner of the ZUG, and I have been a bit of a stranger here myself lately. But maybe things will pick up smile.gif

Scotty Nome Alaska,, http://mypdasite.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
nomeite
post Jun 26 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,827

Wow,, this is great. Welcome all smile.gif

Alaska is a fine place to do just about anything and because of the size and low population (half the population of Alaska is in the city of Anchorage(300,000)) the internet, ham radio, bicycle and dogsled are good ways to communicate. Both inside and outside the state.

Did U Know:- The Alaska Airlines Boardroom (lounge) at Anchorage and Seattle have wireless nodes that leak out the front door? I stand near the door and down load email. Then later go back and upload email replys smile.gif The Zaurus makes it easy while still carting all your gear around.

I use my SL6000W mainly for email when traveling. But when I get some time,, ( smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif ) I will be exploring the other application programs that come with it, like spreadsheets, etc, etc. I am developing an interest in Relational Databases. Used to write proceedures in some of the older DBMs (can you say dBaseII, III & IV, and FoxBase ?) In fact I just down loaded a MySQL, Zaurus, version from;
http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/
But have to find some docs to see if it works. Any MySQL folks in this lineup?

Again Welcome, all, to this little corner of the forum. smile.gif

Scotty
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 04:42 PM