IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oe For Mot. E680/i
rpconnect
post Jul 10 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,561

i'm interested in creating an OE build environment for the motorola e680/i linux smart phone and could use some advice.

both the qt-2.3.10 and opie-1.2.0 packages can be built (from scratch, see http://marcus.bluetroll.se/e680/) and run (somewhat) successfully on the phone using linux-ipaq-g++ as the platform specification, and i have tested binaries from h3600 opie_rootfs images (e.g ssh) and they work, so I am hoping that an ipaq machine/distro based build should be a good start.

The problem is the kernel version: the kernel on the phone (2.4.20) cannot be replaced w/o loosing the phones functionality, but the ipaq images (in bz2 format) that i can find seem to be for more recent kernels and a lot doesn't work.

The phone's kernel source is available from sf and ideally I'd like to create a build environment that is based on ipaq settings but builds with the specified kernel sources. Any advice would be most appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mickeyl
post Jul 10 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 907

Feel free to join the OE team, read some of our getting started documents, and add some bits to OE to target the phone.

+Quote Post
anmol10
post Aug 9 2005, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,410

Hey, I though that the e680i was built using the MontaVista embedded environemnt, and pretty much locked out until Motorola decided to give developers permissions?

Otherwise, applications developed for the Zaurus would be a very close match with the e680i.

-Anmol

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 01:14 PM