Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Some News: Kernel 2.6, Arcdisk Support
guylhem
post Jul 12 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,365

Hello

Thanks to Bruno kind help, I'm working on pdaxrom and debian support using a 40 Gb arcdisk. Ideally, I will follow the release map and offer a big choice of interfaces. [If you guys want a 4 Gb CF support, tell me]

However, I just discovered that for some reason, my kernel had problems with the arcdisk (usb storage too old certainly) - a new release is planned. Moreover, it seems to hang on my good old audiovox at startup for no reason.

Maybe it's time to move to a 2.6 ? I will try and test everything to make sure it will work at least as good. Stay tuned!

Guylhem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
adf
post Jul 12 2005, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,572

QUOTE(guylhem @ Jul 12 2005, 08:04 PM)
Hello

Thanks to Bruno kind help, I'm working on pdaxrom and debian support using a 40 Gb arcdisk. Ideally, I will follow the release map and offer a big choice of interfaces. [If you guys want a 4 Gb CF support, tell me]

However, I just discovered that for some reason, my kernel had problems with the arcdisk (usb storage too old certainly) - a new release is planned. Moreover, it seems to hang on my good old audiovox at startup for no reason.

Maybe it's time to move to a 2.6 ? I will try and test everything to make sure it will work at least as good. Stay tuned!

Guylhem

Very cool. Both are terrific software, and both need some help with 6000 specific kernels &tc...

BUT..if you are looking at debian support, you may as well include the large cf disk support from the start. It will come up soon enough, I'm sure.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th March 2015 - 10:49 AM