Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Storage /dev/hda1, Directory name display error
jagrka
post Jul 22 2005, 04:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,006

I have a JP Sharp ROM Zaurus SL-C760. In the file manager tab of Qtopia, which displays "My Zaurus", it lists the main memory, SD card, and CF card (all are displayed in Japanese since I am using the original ROM).
My problem is that in instead of displaying "CF Card" is now displays "Storage /dev/hda1". In addition, the pretty CF card icon has been replaced with the standard yellow folder icon. Everything works fine in terms of the files, but I want to fix the CF card name display and icon. Does anyone know where Qtopia stores this information? Any suggestions on how to fix this minor problem will be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Jul 22 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(jagrka @ Jul 22 2005, 10:52 PM)
I have a  JP Sharp ROM Zaurus SL-C760. In the file manager tab of Qtopia, which displays "My Zaurus", it lists the main memory, SD card, and CF card (all are displayed in Japanese since I am using the original ROM).
My problem is that in instead of displaying "CF Card" is now displays "Storage /dev/hda1". In addition, the pretty CF card icon has been replaced with the standard yellow folder icon. Everything works fine in terms of the files, but I want to fix the CF card name display and icon. Does anyone know where Qtopia stores this information? Any suggestions on how to fix this minor problem will be appreciated.

remove your CF, reboot your Z, put it back in and see what displays smile.gif

+Quote Post
jagrka
post Jul 23 2005, 04:48 AM
Post #3

remove your CF, reboot your Z, put it back in and see what displays smile.gif

Thanks Meanie for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not correct the problem. Any other suggestions?

+Quote Post
melee
post Jul 24 2005, 01:24 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,651

Unfortunately, it did not correct the problem. Any other suggestions?

Hi

The CF card icons are at /usr/QtPalmtop.rom/pics/CFDevice.png & CFDeviceS.png (S is for small)
Its not likely that the wrong icon is displaying or that you don't have them, but check anyway.

Check /dev to see you have hda1 with major 3 and minor 1

Look in /etc/fstab, does it show a line /dev/hda1 /mnt/cf auto noauto,owner 0 0
and does /mnt/cf exist ?

If not edit fstab, create /mnt/cf if necessary and do a full reboot.

If all above is correct, I note you say "it now shows Storage /dev/hda1", when did it stop showing "CF" and what did you immediately before?

regards

Melee

+Quote Post
jagrka
post Jul 24 2005, 04:59 AM
Post #5

Thanks Melee! I fixed the problem. My fstab file was fine. Coping the icon files from /usr/QtPalmtop.rom/pics to /home/QtPalmtop/pics seems to have repaired the problem. I appreciate your reminding me to try these steps. I had somehow conviced myself that the problem was not related to just the icon files.

+Quote Post
bam
post Mar 20 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,306

question: can ther be a specific icon for usbstorage device(other than the folder)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th December 2014 - 08:25 PM