IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> C860 Nand Backup To Sd?
oldhat
post Aug 15 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,324

Story goes like this... I've been reading all the pages I could find (like http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=C860_Customizations) on creating a nand backup of a C860 and everything points to requiring a CF card. So, trying to get the most for my $$ I pick up a 512MB Kingston Elite Pro, and it appears that it was a bad choice as the backup process just stops with a 'Can not initialize CF', darn.

Well, on a guess I took out the CF, but put in my 1GB Kingston Elite SD card and tried the nand backup again, and it went to the SD card just fine. Is this supposed to work? I don't want to brick the unit trying a restore from the SD so I thought asking might be a good idea...

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Meanie
post Aug 13 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,686

I think the NAND backup/restore and even the flashing feature does not like cards > 1GB for both CF and SD cards. Never had problems with the smaller cards so I use the small cards for flashing and nand backup while using the large ones for storage. I actually store several nand images on my 4GB SD card, but I copy it to a smaller 256MB card when I want to restore a NAND image.

+Quote Post
zedkatuf2
post Aug 14 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,578

QUOTE(Meanie @ Aug 14 2006, 03:03 AM)
I think the NAND backup/restore and even the flashing feature does not like cards > 1GB for both CF and SD cards. Never had problems with the smaller cards so I use the small cards for flashing and nand backup while using the large ones for storage. I actually store several nand images on my 4GB SD card, but I copy it to a smaller 256MB card when I want to restore a NAND image.

..it worked (thankfully!) with the PQI 1gbyte SD card.

NAND restore didin't want to work on a freshly-refatted (16) 256mbyte card..perhaps it didn't like the make.

Prior to using a 3200, I had similar re-flashing problems with my collie until I tried a Sandisk CF card - this, sadly, is too small (only 48mbytes!!) for a NAND restore for my 3200.

Cheers,

zedkatuf

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 06:25 PM