Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Screen Blank After Booting Into Qtopia, right after defragmenting microdrive
drnick
post Aug 18 2005, 07:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,361

This morning I deleted around 1 Gb of music off of my sl-c3000's internal microdrive, and added another 1 Gb or so of new music. I figured that after moving so much data around that the drive would be fairly fragmented and could use some cleaning out. So I proceeded to defragment the drive with the windows defragmenter. After the drive finished defragmenting I unmounted the drive safely and removed the cable from the back of the Z. After the cable was removed the screen went blank. The Z was still on and i could tap the scrren and hear it beep. I also hit the Home and Power buttons to make sure it just didnt go into suspend. The screen did not return. So then I removed the battery cover and performed a hard reset. The console started scrolling by like normal, and the graphical "please wait a moment" screen came up. But then about halfway through the "please wait" screen the screen went blank again. The Z made the opening logon "chime" as normal too. I could still hit the OK button as if the prompt for the time and date came up and i could see the HD light flash as if it was still booting Qtopia but the screen was atill all black. Once again I could still tap the screen and hear it beep.

I'm hoping i havent screwed up the Z with a simple defragment. I can still access to OK+Power menu. I'm at work and I can perform no other testing until tonight. I am using a SL-C3000 with Kernel 18b and Cacko 1.23

Would reflashing / Zero-ing help? I can provide other details as I have the Z with me here at work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daniel3000
post Aug 18 2005, 07:36 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,027

I also have a blank screen occasionally, but figured out it is the light setting which is set to "light out" for some reason.
Try pressing Fn-4 a few times. Does this help?

daniel

+Quote Post
drnick
post Aug 18 2005, 07:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,361

QUOTE(daniel3000 @ Aug 18 2005, 03:36 PM)
I also have a blank screen occasionally, but figured out it is the light setting which is set to "light out" for some reason.
Try pressing Fn-4 a few times. Does this help?

daniel

OMG. Don't I feel silly. Yes Fn-4 indeed gets my screen back. I would have been pulling my hair out otherwise! Thanks!

+Quote Post
icruise
post Aug 18 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,447

I'm glad you got your Zaurus back to working, but I'm not really sure it's necessary to defrag the microdrive.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 12:04 PM