Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Subversion Client
steven999
post Sep 2 2005, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 557

Hi All,

Has anyone compiled Subversion for Sharp ROMs (I'm using Watapon 1.4.1 on 5600)? I didn't find it in elsix or in google, and it'd be pretty handy to have on my Z I think.

Thanks!
steven
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
cybersphinx
post Nov 15 2005, 04:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,406

The package from kopsis works on the Cacko ROM as well. I have stripped the libraries (reduced size from 3.5 MB to 1.3 MB), put them into /opt/QtPalmtop instead of /usr (don't know if that's better, it's just where I put all programs) and added a dependancy on libiconv.

The resulting packages are attached for those interested.
Attached File  svn_ipk.tar ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 194

One small problem: If you have LANG set, it doesn't work - use "LANG=C svn" then. I guess it's a problem with missing locale stuff, perhaps someone else knows a better solution?

+Quote Post
dwagelaar
post Oct 24 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,106

QUOTE(cybersphinx @ Nov 16 2005, 01:34 AM)
The package from kopsis works on the  Cacko ROM as well. I have stripped the libraries (reduced size from 3.5 MB to 1.3 MB), put them into /opt/QtPalmtop instead of /usr (don't know if that's better, it's just where I put all programs) and added a dependancy on libiconv.

The resulting packages are attached for those interested.
Attached File  svn_ipk.tar ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 194

One small problem: If you have LANG set, it doesn't work - use "LANG=C svn" then. I guess it's a problem with missing locale stuff, perhaps someone else knows a better solution?

Yes, but it's a hack wink.gif
You can comment the LANG-related code in subversion/libsvn_subr/cmdline.c
Like that svn will always work in LANG=C, ignoring any specific locale you may have set.
Since I didn't find subversion in elsix, I've gone ahead and compiled it too... At least it is in elsix now.

+Quote Post
cybersphinx
post Nov 15 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,406

QUOTE(dwagelaar @ Oct 24 2006, 09:30 PM)
Yes, but it's a hack  wink.gif
You can comment the LANG-related code in subversion/libsvn_subr/cmdline.c
Like that svn will always work in LANG=C, ignoring any specific locale you may have set.
Yeah, well, as I said, I couldn't compile it myself. And better a hack than a program that fails in some cases.
Since I didn't find subversion in elsix, I've gone ahead and compiled it too... At least it is in elsix now.
Nice. Can you do a 1.4 version as well? With that version a checked out repository needs less space.

+Quote Post
dwagelaar
post Jul 9 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,106

QUOTE(cybersphinx @ Nov 16 2006, 02:58 AM)
Nice. Can you do a 1.4 version as well? With that version a checked out repository needs less space.

Didn't know about that, good to know... I'm currently very low on spare time, but I'll msg if I do get to it...

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 09:13 AM