IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Qemu-i386
Borealid
post Sep 6 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,967

Applying the gist of the changes from this message, I have successfully built a qemu-i386 and qemu-img binary on my Zaurus SL-C3100 (inside a Debian chroot).

I hoped to use it to launch wine in user mode, so I grabbed the full i386 deptree of Debian's testing Wine distribution and ran "dpkg -x --instdir=/x86" on each .deb, creating a tree that (theoretically) contains all the x86 binaries and libs that wine needs to run. However, I following Qemu's user-mode documentation, I tried to run /x86/usr/bin/yes and get:

"Unable to load interpreter
Segmentation fault"

The program is able to display its --help just fine.

I'm not at all familiar with cross-compilation and such, which is why I went for the prepackaged i386 environment instead of rolling my own glibc; is the problem there, or is the qemu executable I built somehow bad?

I'd love to get qemu-i386 and wine working together on the Z, and it seems tantalizingly close to possibility... It should be working now, in theory.

Is there any help out there?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Borealid
post Oct 4 2005, 09:26 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,967

Wine is an x86-only program. There's no such thing as an "arm version" at the moment. That's why there's so much experimentation with qemu and bochs going on out there.

+Quote Post
malik
post Oct 6 2005, 06:24 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,839

okay, i think i am on the right way: you use qemu on your z to run a
linux version of wine? this is somewhat crazy:-) i am a little bit dissapointed that
there is no arm version of wine and that qemu only runs in user mode...

malik

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 08:05 AM