IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help Me Pick A Second Zaurus!, too many models and not sure what to get
blinkblob
post Oct 8 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,023

Hello, I bought a 3100: what a thing of beauty! I now can truly live without my laptop when travelling.
I still use my Palm t5 for Pim duty and bluetooth email though, as the 3100 is just too big to stick in a pocket or a belt pouch. (I also use the 3100 with bluetooth and Wifi)

-I am looking for a T5 replacement.
-must be able to use a bluetooth card to download email
-must be much more compact than the 3100
-must be able to use KOPI PIM software
-must be able to use the basics like a spreadsheet etc...that is compatible with the 3100
-Must be linux...of course.

I am looking at the 5500 5600 6000 c760 c860 etc... but I am lost as I cannot actually hold them in my hands to see if buying one of these will make a major difference in portability.

Can anyone help me focus a on just one or 2 models. I saw the c760 at one place for about 300.00 bucks. Would this be a good choice? Is this a model that could work as a smaller 3100 for everyday PIM and bluetooth email use?

As a t5 replacement, bear in mind that I will be using it 1000 times a day. Not really doable with a 3100 as it's too big and heavy and I would not want to subject such a nice unit to so much abuse. My 3100 will be used in my hotel room for serious work only.

Thanks for any help.

ME
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:53 PM