OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help Me Pick A Second Zaurus!, too many models and not sure what to get
post Oct 8 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,023

Hello, I bought a 3100: what a thing of beauty! I now can truly live without my laptop when travelling.
I still use my Palm t5 for Pim duty and bluetooth email though, as the 3100 is just too big to stick in a pocket or a belt pouch. (I also use the 3100 with bluetooth and Wifi)

-I am looking for a T5 replacement.
-must be able to use a bluetooth card to download email
-must be much more compact than the 3100
-must be able to use KOPI PIM software
-must be able to use the basics like a spreadsheet etc...that is compatible with the 3100
-Must be linux...of course.

I am looking at the 5500 5600 6000 c760 c860 etc... but I am lost as I cannot actually hold them in my hands to see if buying one of these will make a major difference in portability.

Can anyone help me focus a on just one or 2 models. I saw the c760 at one place for about 300.00 bucks. Would this be a good choice? Is this a model that could work as a smaller 3100 for everyday PIM and bluetooth email use?

As a t5 replacement, bear in mind that I will be using it 1000 times a day. Not really doable with a 3100 as it's too big and heavy and I would not want to subject such a nice unit to so much abuse. My 3100 will be used in my hotel room for serious work only.

Thanks for any help.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2015 - 04:15 PM