Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Usb Webcams?, videodev.o anyone?
Raybot
post Oct 13 2005, 04:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,683

Hi all!

It looks like my Zaurus will start doing double duty as a robot controller pretty soon (especially since I stumbled across Jonathan's USB serial drivers so I can actually talk to the robot's MCU now)!

The problem is the webcam. I've read various posts about webcams working/not working on this forum and getting horribly confused (you need to compile V4L, drivers don't exist, etc).

The strongest lead I have so far is Meanie's website, http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/custom.html#webcam and his usb-modules ipkg. I'm especially keen on this as the webcam in question (AFAIK) works with the standard PWC driver, a version of which is present in that package but when I install it then run "depmod -a", I get the following errors:

CODE
# depmod -a
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/dsbr100.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/ibmcam.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/ov511.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/pwc.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/se401.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/stv680.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/ultracam.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/vicam.o

I suspect this has something to do with me missing "videodev.o" especially as it seems to be the webcam drivers that have failed but I can't find it on my filesystem anywhere and I can't find this file anywhere on "official" websites (certainly none of the bigger Zaurus websites and forums that I've tried) ... the only reference I can find to this file through google that seems vaguely zaurus'y is http://www.paipai.org/~humorum/zaurus/modu...rs/media/video/ ... but I'm a little wary of trying it out as all the documentation for that website is in Japanese so I've got no idea if it's for a specific kernel or the like (and Bablefish doesn't seem to like it).

Anyone got any ideas? Meanie, got a moment to shed some light on this perhaps please? biggrin.gif

- Raymond
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 02:12 PM