OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mobile Gmaps On The Zaurus, How to get it working?
eji
post Oct 18 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,659

I know my 6000 has J2ME on it. And "MGMaps runs on devices that support CLDC 1.0 and MIDP 1.0 or later." So how do I get it to run the Google Maps program Mobile GMaps?

There are .jar and .jad files here: http://wap.mgmaps.com/

What the heck do I do with these files?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
eji
post Feb 6 2006, 04:54 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,659

I hope you're not asking as a means of getting advice. I honestly have no clue what I'm doing... I'm only figuring things out from following directions and trial and error.

Anyway, after putting mgmaps.jar, mgmaps.jad, and the above files in the same directory, and then cd'ing to them in the terminal, I used a variation of Meanie's command line entry as su:

#evm -classpath ./me4se.jar:./midpx.jar:./mgmaps.jar

Needless to say, really, it didn't work. I got a promising pause and then an error saying "Qt/Embedded data not valid for user 0" (or something along those lines). I tried adjusting the permissions of the files several different ways but no luck.

On the other hand, I've got lots of J2ME game applets (available here) running, so I must be doing something right.

+Quote Post
ken
post Feb 6 2006, 05:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,063

QUOTE(eji @ Feb 6 2006, 02:54 AM)
Needless to say, really, it didn't work. I got a promising pause and then an error saying "Qt/Embedded data not valid for user 0" (or something along those lines). I tried adjusting the permissions of the files several different ways but no luck.

faintly familiar. user 0 == root I think. Been a while since I last touched that stuff. Try another user, zaurus? I don't recall. Will try to play with that stuff later in the week.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:10 AM