OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Site Outage Oct 25 - 26, Were We Attacked Again?
brashley46
post Oct 27 2005, 07:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,227

I was unable to get here for about 24 hours ... still can't resolve ZUG home site. Is it the site, my network, or somethng in between?

Eror message in Firefox on Xandros 3.0.1 is:

Site Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

error id: "bad_httpd_conf"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zmiq2
post Oct 28 2005, 12:19 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,038

I had dns resolution problems, telling that www.oesf.org couldn't be found. Weird ...

+Quote Post
dz
post Oct 28 2005, 03:05 AM
Post #3

~

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,667

It could've been power issues like last time.

+Quote Post
offroadgeek
post Oct 29 2005, 06:20 AM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Fortunately we weren't attacked. Unfortunately Dreamhost disabled my account sad.gif

Basically we were on a shared server with dreamhost (on the strictly business plan), and our websites were using > 25% utilization of the server and apparently that's just too much.

They've been notifying (automated messages) me for a while now (203 days), and I had responded to them several times telling them to move me to a dedicated server. On Monday Oct 24 a support rep emailed me saying that I had 24 hours to respond or the account would be disabled. Unfortuantely this has been an extremely busy week at work, so I didn't see the email until Tuesday night. From there it took them about a day and a half to re-enable my account (and all services should be back online).

By sometime next week we should be on a dedicated server plan (New Moon), and I paid for a year so we shouldn't see troubles like this for a little while...

Sorry for the inconvenience!

+Quote Post
brashley46
post Oct 30 2005, 08:56 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,227

QUOTE(offroadgeek @ Oct 29 2005, 10:20 AM)
Fortunately we weren't attacked.  Unfortunately Dreamhost disabled my account sad.gif

Basically we were on a shared server with dreamhost (on the strictly business plan), and our websites were using > 25% utilization of the server and apparently that's just too much. 

They've been notifying (automated messages) me for a while now (203 days), and I had responded to them several times telling them to move me to a dedicated server.  On Monday Oct 24 a support rep emailed me saying that I had 24 hours to respond or the account would be disabled.  Unfortuantely this has been an extremely busy week at work, so I didn't see the email until Tuesday night.  From there it took them about a day and a half to re-enable my account (and all services should be back online).

By sometime next week we should be on a dedicated server plan (New Moon), and I paid for a year so we shouldn't see troubles like this for a little while...

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Well, damn, sorry to read that. Will the dedicated server cost extra, and should we users perhaps throw a little paypal your way?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 09:27 PM