IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cf Dial-up Modem Problem
harmonp
post Nov 15 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,204

I have an AmbiCom CF 56K Modem for my Zaurus 5500. My problem is that the modem is recognized ok by the Zaurus, but when I try to connect, the connection dialog says the modem is "Initializing," but that's as far as it gets.

At one time it worked, but I haven't used it for a while and now it sticks at "Initializing." The contacts are ok, and as I said, the Zaurus sees the modem ok.

Any suggestions regarding how I can get past the Initializing and get the modem to dial will be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
sdjf
post Jun 19 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,551

QUOTE(harmonp @ Nov 15 2005, 01:50 PM)
I have an AmbiCom CF 56K Modem for my Zaurus 5500.  My problem is that the modem is recognized ok by the Zaurus, but when I try to connect, the connection dialog says the modem is "Initializing," but that's as far as it gets.
Any suggestions regarding how I can get past the Initializing and get the modem to dial will be appreciated.

I am working on a script to correct this kind of problem but it'll be a while before I want to make it available publicly.

Which ROM are you using? Do you have a console/terminal and/or process manager available? Check http://elsix.org/index.php or http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus to find these.

Examine /tmp/qpe-ppd-log and the output of 'ps ax' to see what is going on.

Many times, just a 'cardctl reset 0' will do the trick.

Often there is a stale lock that requires killing a process. You need a console to do this. Other times there is a pppd process with status TN and a 'cardctl resume' will change it to SN and then you can kill it.

Interested in seeing what works for you. BTW, I have a Socket CF56k modem but I really think the issue is with some applications messing up the settings.

I find that Opera and NeIC both seem to interfere with later attempts to use the modem. Watch for a pattern and let me know if you find something different!

Thanks,
sdjf
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2014 - 04:44 PM