IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pledge Donation
the_oak
post Dec 9 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,794

In case Guylhem did not see it in the thread about video acceleration in 6000 >> hardware, I would like to donate to Guylhem's rom, but I need assurance that he has not lost interest in his rom development. I will donate $50.00 thru PayPal to get him going again. And another $50.00 once the network setup apps work, right-handed fonts in rotation, and power button (hardware) button suspends. Anyone else?

But, please let us know we are not donating to a project that has been abandoned. Just say the word, and $50.00 is set aside for you. I realize that you need a reason to provide such a generous gift to people you do not even know, and I, for one, am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

I feel that others would also be willing to donate to development of a better rom. I think your rom holds the most promise for 6000's.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
the_oak
post Apr 2 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,794

Following all this requirements, I have been working with a fellow board member from Germany, and we are ready to announce you a new solution within 1-2 days. It will be a commercial solution ( we want to start a business, because this effort is not manageable as a hobby) but it will be totally free software and very open to the community.

I am hoping from this that the project is not really "dead" but has only changed directions. The upcoming oz rom sounds good, but is not yet ready for prime time either.

So, I will wait and see what Guylhem has up his sleeve, as I agree with him that doing this sort of work as a hobby or in spare time is just too much without many hands to help. I was trying to set up a cross development pc and have seen that just that first step is very difficult. If I ever get that done, I still am at the "hello world" stage of learning C!! I also fear that I will be old and grey(er) before enough oz developers have a 6000 to test their efforts on. So I am willing to see what Guylhem is working on.

I still would like to contribute funds, and I can test roms that are as easy to install as the rc4 Guylhem rom was. Who knows, in a few years, I may even be able to code up a "hello rest of the world" program.

Go Guylhem and company!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 03:41 PM