IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New To Zaurus - Need To Sync, Syncing SL-5500 to Ubuntu
remick182
post Jan 17 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,948

Hey guys and gals. I just recieved my new pda in the mail today. I got a Zaurus SL-5500. I also use Ubuntu on my home PC (as well as a very small partition for Win XP for those 1 or 2 things that I haven't figured out how to run in Linux wink.gif ).
I'm not quite sure how to best utilize my new pda. I came from a Dell Axim X3 (don't worry, it was free) and a Palm m100 before that. I know that the 5500 uses a Linux OS...but that's about it. From reading up on some stuff on the net, it seems like there a bit of customization that can be done, same as my PC Linux OS. Am I right in assuming that?
Also, I'm trying to figure out how to sync my pda to Ubuntu so that I can xfer info and backup my data. Any help as far as programs, links to how-to's, or any other tips would be awesome.
My specs are: 2.6 MHz Pentium , 256 Mb RAM, cable modem, Ubuntu Linux Breezy Badger 5.10
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
bluedevils
post Mar 2 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,633

openzaurus with your choice of gpe or opie is sort of like ubuntu and kubuntu except it goes deeper. Your choosing X11 or qtopia UIs instead of windows environments
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2014 - 02:09 PM