Closed TopicStart new topic
> Scott Melrose Ripped Me Off!
tlacour
post Jan 31 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,560

mad.gif
I entered into a trade agreement with cyberdoc1971 ( Scott Melrose ) to trade my Ipaq 2755 for his Zaurus c3100. We were shipping simultaniously. I sent the Ipaq and what did I get. A box with a cheap wifi pc card and the cd.

I called him and he said that there must have been a mix up at the shipping company. He apperently brought in a loose PDA, manuals, and accessories, poured them out on the desk of a Mom and Pop shipping store and said to ship them off. Somehow, not only did the Zaurus not make it into the box, but a pc card that isn't even compatible was shipped instead.

After numourous ignored emails and several non-returned messages over several days I assumed he was scamming me. I have contacted his local DA's office to press charges, but alas, it looks like I am out a great PDA.

This was done through this forum.

After not hearing from him for several days I finally tracked him down at another Palm oriented forum. Here is a link to the discussion that followed.

It is a great read. cool.gif

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105113

Since that thread was locked, he has agreed by email to send me payment when he gets paid this Friday.

We will see. sad.gif

Beware of Scott Melrose from Graham, N.C.
email: cyberdoc1971@yahoo.com
or cyberdoc1971@netscape.com
or cyberdoc1971@MSN.com,
etc.

Don't trust him!

Tony
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omicron
post Jan 31 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,853

I thoguht he had is identity stolen, so which person is sending you cash?

Or was he lying about his idnetity getting stolen?

PS(My condolences)

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Jan 31 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #3

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

Interesting. So what is the truth?

i read this up here as well

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15522&hl=

+Quote Post
lareya
post Jan 31 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,115

See this link I just added re: my dealings w/ cyberdoc:

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=113157

lareya

+Quote Post
bam
post Jan 31 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,306

read all the threads dealing with this guy, including the ebay account 1src forums as well. Evidence is overwhelming.

+Quote Post
streamliben
post Feb 3 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,293

tlacour - Check your Private Messages on this forum.

+Quote Post
tlacour
post Feb 13 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,560

Mr. Melrose agreed to reimburse me for my loss in email, after heat put on him. He agreed to send me $400 payment if I stopped trying to contact Blockbuster's management.

Well...The deadline for Mr. Melrose's reimbursement payment came and went. He then stated that he would have the money only after he sold another device (Treo 650 GSM) and to give him a couple of more days. I gave him a couple more days.... and once again a deadline came and went. I had also told him I would take any comparable PDA as compensation. I could always trade/sell it myself. Still: No Payment, no Ipaq, and no Nothing.

I then filed a complaint with the FBI’s internet crime division ( http://www.ic3.gov/ ).

I also filed a complaint with Blockbusters corporate offices. I have been in touch with the district manager for his area. I had become concerned that either the local manager of this store wouldn't or couldn't address this. I am to discuss this with them later in the week.

Officially, Blockbuster has nothing to do with this trade, but this guy is using his work phone number to make deals. He also has access to the personal information of anyone who has ever signed up for a Blockbuster membership. I personally don't feel comfortable having someone like that with access to that much information.

I've gotten emails from 5 different people who each had individual sales go bad with Mr. Melrose. Always something gets lost in the mail, or gets damaged, or is sent to the wrong place and then can't be found. In each case the person dealing with Scott Melrose is out an electronics device or the money to buy one and he claims that he is also a victim in each case. All together, between the forums where I posted this warning and the emails, I have come across 9 people who have either gotten stung by Scott Melrose, or backed out at the last moment due to some warning sign. They each thought it was an isolated incident and chalked it up to bad luck. Once they read the posts on this and other forums, they realized that a predator who stalks the forums looking for victims had had them. I know it sounds melodramatic, but I have spoken with quite a few site administrators for PDA related forums who all have Cyberdoc1971 as members with little or no posts, but active PM activity. Google “cyberdoc1971” and you will see several memberships in these sites with almost no public activity. He has now rejoined at least two of these sites under a different ID.

One of the FBI agents has emailed me to verify some facts. I am sure it will take months to see any real progress, but once it gets rolling, I don't doubt that Mr. Melrose will face some serious charges.

Also, I am still planning a trip in April to the East Coast on other business. I am taking a few extra days to look into this personally.

I'll keep you posted if any new developments turn up.

Tony

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Feb 13 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #8

Damn dude! I have no idea what you are going through but must be rough. I feel for you man and hope the best for you.

+Quote Post
vorondil28
post Feb 13 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,963

blink.gif

Wow, you're totally going commando on this guy -- and from what I can tell, rightfully so.

I'm pullin' for ya, man! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Legodude522
post Feb 13 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,097

LMAO! I found "tlacour" here too. I read your threads at 1src.

I bought my Zaurus SL-C1000 from "Cresho." So umm, will you kill him if he doesn't ship once my paypal transfer goes though, thanks. smile.gif Tlacour's experience made me hesitate. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
rokugo
post Feb 13 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,678

Looks like the scammer's been monitoring this topic.
I saw "cyberdoc1971" in the list of active users just a few minutes ago...

+Quote Post
brashley46
post Feb 13 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 7,227

Cresho is one of our most reputable members, and an active software developer for the Z. No worries. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Legodude522 @ Feb 13 2006, 11:26 PM)
LMAO!  I found "tlacour" here too.  I read your threads at 1src.

I bought my Zaurus SL-C1000 from "Cresho."  So umm, will you kill him if he doesn't ship once my paypal transfer goes though, thanks.  smile.gif  Tlacour's experience made me hesitate.  ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Feb 13 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #13

Thanks brashley46!

+Quote Post
Legodude522
post Feb 13 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 9,097

QUOTE(brashley46 @ Feb 14 2006, 02:40 AM)
Cresho is one of our most reputable members, and an active software developer for the Z. No worries.  biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Legodude522 @ Feb 13 2006, 11:26 PM)
LMAO!  I found "tlacour" here too.  I read your threads at 1src.

I bought my Zaurus SL-C1000 from "Cresho."  So umm, will you kill him if he doesn't ship once my paypal transfer goes though, thanks.  smile.gif  Tlacour's experience made me hesitate.  ph34r.gif

I know that by now smile.gif

+Quote Post
bam
post Feb 14 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 7,306

ya no worries bout Cresh, oh btw wheres that 100 bucks you owe me on the superbowl? wink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 10:29 PM