Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sl-5500 & (symbol) Wifi Inconsistencies, "Could not locate remote server"
misterearl
post Feb 1 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,431

My Zaurus runs Sharp ROM V3.13 and I'm using the Symbol Networker CF wifi card. When I first installed the card and set up the Network information, all was well. I quickly accessed a local wifi signal, and also the signal provided at work. No glitches whatsoever. Then, a few days later, i started getting the message, "Could not locate remote server" in Opera after attempting to load a web site - any web site. The wifi icon shows Connected status, and in Network>Current there is a >80% signal strength, with 20-35% signal quality. Yet, I can't access the web.

The only change that I can recall, between proper wifi performance and no wifi performance, is transferring all my contacts from MS Outlook to the Z using the Z interface.

Because I am Linux-illiterate, I'm not sure even where to begin. There is nothing to re-install or uninstall. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
misterearl
post Feb 3 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,431

QUOTE(misterearl @ Feb 1 2006, 08:07 PM)
My Zaurus runs Sharp ROM V3.13 and I'm using the Symbol Networker CF wifi card.  When I first installed the card and set up the Network information, all was well.  I quickly accessed a local wifi signal, and also the signal provided at work.  No glitches whatsoever.  Then, a few days later, i started getting the message, "Could not locate remote server" in Opera after attempting to load a web site - any web site.  The wifi icon shows Connected status, and in Network>Current there is a >80% signal strength, with 20-35% signal quality.  Yet, I can't access the web.

The only change that I can recall, between proper wifi performance and no wifi performance, is transferring all my contacts from MS Outlook to the Z using the Z interface.

Because I am Linux-illiterate, I'm not sure even where to begin.  There is nothing to re-install or uninstall.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

For anyone who may care... Got it working again by deleting the 2 original setups in Settings>Network, then setting them up again. Everything okey-dokey biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 06:29 PM