OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Descent (d2x) On Zaurus Possible?, Has anyone attempted it?
xamindar
post Feb 4 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,368

I was thinking that Descent would make a fun game for the c series zaurus sense we are able to attach mice and joysticks. Has anyone attempted to compile it? It is now open source in the form of d1x (descent1) and d2x (descent2). D2x now also supports the descent1 data files so it would be a better port I think.

Someone compiled d2x for pocketPC a while back so it doesn't seem that impossible.

Any takers? When I get some time I want to set up a cross compiler and might try myself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Antikx
post Feb 4 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,127

Sounds cool. D2 was a fun game. It would be a bit of a show piece
for Z users. Hope someone can get it working.

+Quote Post
merli
post Mar 23 2006, 03:31 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,008

QUOTE(xamindar @ Feb 4 2006, 11:33 PM)
I was thinking that Descent would make a fun game for the c series zaurus sense we are able to attach mice and joysticks.  Has anyone attempted to compile it?  It is now open source in the form of d1x (descent1) and d2x (descent2).  D2x now also supports the descent1 data files so it would be a better port I think.

Someone compiled d2x  for pocketPC a while back so it doesn't seem that impossible.

Any takers?  When I get some time I want to set up a cross compiler and might try myself.

I tried recently compile d2x for pdaxrom and compiled OK runs ok till actual game starts, then I got segmetation fault. It needs some more skilled developer than me
:-)

+Quote Post
danboid
post Jan 21 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,789

I tried d2x out last week and I had exactly the same problem as merli. It compiles OK, it shows the menus and finds the descent maps/data files but crashes when the game should start.

d2x runs on the GP2X so it must be possible to get running on the Z- I'd love to play Descent under pdaXii13!

+Quote Post
merli
post Jan 21 2007, 06:16 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,008

QUOTE(danboid @ Jan 21 2007, 12:36 PM)
I tried d2x out last week and I had exactly the same problem as merli. It compiles OK, it shows the menus and finds the descent maps/data files but crashes when the game should start.

d2x runs on the GP2X so it must be possible to get running on the Z- I'd love to play Descent under pdaXii13!

I think to use right flags for alignment of structures will help.... align on 32 bit etc ...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 01:18 PM