OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1.1.0beta2 For Cxxxx, Anyone tried already ?
0xDEADBEEF
post Mar 8 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,660

I just installed it on my c3100 and here is what i noticed.

- suspend/resume sucks. after suspend, pressing hw button to wake the pda up sometimes flashes the desktop and thats it. it helped when i copied timezone file from my desktop. i think it would be great if collection of basic timezones was included and /etc/localtime already existed. but still it seems that now the clock goes to sleep when pda goes to sleep.

- wifi behaves erratically (i am using hostap driver and wpa_supplicant). once in a while when copying a big file it stalls, the card seems to lose connection and reacquire it. also it seems that it slows down (almost freezes) whole. i tried it with two wifi cards (linksys wcf12 and ambicom)

it seems that /var/log is on a flash partition. i am little afraid it may burn out the flash. is anyone else concerned about it? is it possible to move it to tmpfs somehow ? like tmp and /var/run. really i would prefer that c3100 system had root fs on microdrive and never used flash. is that possible? it seems c3000 operates this way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daniel3000
post Mar 9 2006, 01:07 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 7,027

QUOTE(0xDEADBEEF @ Mar 8 2006, 11:20 PM)
- wifi behaves erratically (i am using hostap driver and wpa_supplicant). once in a while when copying a big file it stalls, the card seems to lose connection and reacquire it. also it seems that it slows down (almost freezes) whole. i tried it with two wifi cards (linksys wcf12 and ambicom)

This is a behavior I also saw about 3-4 years ago when I worked on my diploma thesis using an early version of the hostap driver (on a desktop though, not a Zaurus).

Have you tried another driver?

daniel

+Quote Post
axele
post Mar 9 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 7,311

I have installed it on my sl-c3000, and it works out fine...
I am glad I brought a compiler to work, so all Linux
is at hand....

Best regards,

Axel

+Quote Post
Martin
post Mar 9 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 4,874

Hi :-)

now running Beta 2 ... first impression every thing works all right ... no problem booting without cf and sd card ... wifi cf card works ok.

some problems with smbmnt ... maybe my fault.

Later some more tests ... SD Card 2 GB first test recorgnized but could not mount it.

Many thanks to all developers
Martin.

+Quote Post
cal
post Mar 9 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 7,981

0xDEADBEEF, I have had the same problem you describe in beta1. I thought it was my router, but it happens everywhere.

+Quote Post
0xDEADBEEF
post Mar 9 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 8,660

QUOTE(daniel3000 @ Mar 9 2006, 02:07 AM)
This is a behavior I also saw about 3-4 years ago when I worked on my diploma thesis using an early version of the hostap driver (on a desktop though, not a Zaurus).

Have you tried another driver?

daniel

I have great faith in hostap driver. I used different versions on my notebook and my firewall/accesspoint in AP mode and I find it the best ever wireless driver for any card in linux.

Interesting thing. With RC12 (hostap 0.3.9+wpa_supplicant) 802.11x at office worked just fine with supplicant loaded before the driver. in Beta2 I had to modify script files so the supplicant is loaded after the driver. Otherwise it just cannot associate when loaded before and waiting for the interface to show up.

Now another problem. Everytime I reboot my time gets reset to like a year ago. Isnt there some RTC in the cpu (or on the board) that keeps current time?

+Quote Post
silencer51
post Mar 9 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 8,504

So, is suspend/resume any better? As in faster?

I understand that you still cant suspend and resume immediatelly (results in screen turning on and off immediatelly)...

+Quote Post
km2783
post Mar 10 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 8,886

I have a 4GB SD card on the way, I will report my findings smile.gif

+Quote Post
omro
post Mar 10 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 3,474

I've put it on my C1000 and the suspend/resume is as flakey as before if you press the on/off button too quickly.

You press the button and it suspends.
You press the button to bring it back and nothing seems to happen or it flashes up for a second and goes again.

But... if you wait for a little while before you press the button again, it seems to work as you would expect.

+Quote Post
km2783
post Mar 15 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #40

My card arrives today biggrin.gif

All this talk about suspend/release... I never really had issues with it. I press the power button, and the only thing that really does not repsond immediately is the backlight. After a couple seconds, it kicks on and away I go. Sometimes, there is a few second interval that the screen refreshes a few times, but that seems to only occur if I have left the unit in suspend for several days.

I mostly use the Menu to Suspend, but it works just like the power button on my 3100. It is actually pretty much the reverse of when I tell it to leave suspend. The backlight goes out, and a second or two later the screen itself finally goes blank.

I suppose it would be nice if it responded as rapidly as my Tungsten T3, but the only thing happening there when you press the power button is the screen is shutting off or turning on. How it works now does not really bother me at all, though.

+Quote Post
km2783
post Mar 15 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #41

Reflashed to beta2 and let's just say it won't work biggrin.gif. The 512MB card I had in there was recognized, but I could not unmount it. Under X, it just sat there.

So I thought to reboot the system. Closed X, then told it to shutdown now. well, after it got to "Unloading USB: it sat there for over 5 minutes. So I pulled the battery huh.gif

Power the unit back on, no SD card in the slot. Nothing I do will get even the 512MB card to mount. laugh.gif

The applet under X just sits there, and when I try:

mount /dev/mmcda /mnt/card it just sits there
mount /dev/mmcda1 /mnt/card it just sits there
mount /dev/mmcda2 /mnt/card it just sits there

I thought I remember reading something in this thread about SD cards and cards in the slot on powerup for this release to test something, but it is late, I don't have time to reread the thread right now, I could be making it up anyway laugh.gif

i'll investiage further tomorrow.

the card is an a-data turbo 4GB from newegg.com

+Quote Post
km2783
post Mar 15 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #42

okay, okay, quick update.

I did get it to boot and recognize the old 512MB card again. But the 4GB is a no go for now wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Meanie
post Mar 16 2006, 02:22 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 6,686

QUOTE(km2783 @ Mar 16 2006, 05:06 PM)
okay, okay, quick update.

I did get it to boot and recognize the old 512MB card again.  But the 4GB is a no go for now wacko.gif

did you try:

CODE
/etc/sdcontrol eject
/etc/sdcontrol insert

?

+Quote Post
km2783
post Mar 16 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #44

Good question.

In answer... I just learned something new biggrin.gif

And walking up to the work building this morning, what was happening with the 512 card was that when I interupted the (presumed) hang while trying to mount the 4GB card, I could no longer mount the 512MB card. If left alone, it auto-mounts whenever I insert the 512MB card, and umouts when I remove it.

I'll try it right now.

+Quote Post
km2783
post Mar 16 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #45

here's a fun thing.

After being suspended all night, it won't come back on. I removed the battery, replaced it, and it still won't come back on huh.gif

I can't even get into the service menu blink.gif Magical.

The power LED comes on to show the battery is being charged. That is all.

No power plugged in, I remove the battery for several seconds (at least 5), put it back in, plug in power, hold Ok and press power. Nothing. Nothing but tears laugh.gif

Time for some OESF search engine queries dry.gif

**edit**

after being plugged in for a few minutes, it turned on rolleyes.gif The battery had nearly a full charge, wtf dry.gif oh well.

Now I can try it

This post has been edited by km2783: Mar 16 2006, 07:50 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 03:25 PM